After retired, you change your mind?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This ain't about me. I've been retired, now, 4 1/2 yrs and there ain't no way in H*** I'd ever want to come back. And, some of you are of the opinion that retirees should not be posting on BC at ALL because this is the "NEW UPS" and we have been by-passed. OK, I get it. But this just happened here, this past week, reflecting the "NEW UPS"?

A driver, after, supposedly, researching EVERYTHING

I never heard that as well. What I did hear is some believe older retiree's can't relate to all the new stuff going on.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
This driver, knew EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING. Evidently you can't/couldn't tell him anything.

So after retiring Friday, claiming that, being in CS, he's only have to pay $100 a mo for insurance for him and his wife, he calls back Wed, crying that he was mistaken. He has to pay $200 EACH and THEN, so it's claimed, he has to have, at least, 20 years vested. He only has 18 FT. He's down there begging for job back.

Long story short, he gets it. Right or wrong?
It's mind boggling to me that someone could screw up that badly.

Camping Nana

I agree, there are probably lots of things I/we don't know....maybe LIMPER can enlighten us because he seems to know everything too.

In this guys case, it appears he may have received some sort of pension check. The way I hear it, yes HEAR it, not witnessed it, is that he as to agree to give money back, which could take up to a month before he's reinstated.

As to not having correct information or no information, again, as "I've" has stated, I, also cannot understand NOT having correct information or incorrect information before I left. In my case, yes, I said MY case, I made DAMN sure all my ducks were in a row. No, I didn't have vac left or unused days or anything else. I had my estimate, my time in, everything confirmed, so...BOOM, stay outta my way.

We had our ducks in a row also ..... We knew that the pension amount was only an "estimate" until the final papers were dated and signed -- but three different calls to the union office and calls to the company handling the retiree insurance gave us incorrect information as to the insurance benefits for retirees. We KNEW that DH had obtained the highest PEER status -- we KNEW that we could retire, it was just frustrating to be given incorrect information. Thankfully, it didn't affect us, but I could see how it might some.

oldngray

nowhere special
We had our ducks in a row also ..... We knew that the pension amount was only an "estimate" until the final papers were dated and signed -- but three different calls to the union office and calls to the company handling the retiree insurance gave us incorrect information as to the insurance benefits for retirees. We KNEW that DH had obtained the highest PEER status -- we KNEW that we could retire, it was just frustrating to be given incorrect information. Thankfully, it didn't affect us, but I could see how it might some.

UPS won't start calculating the numbers until you send in your paperwork with a planned retirement date. I sent mine in with a date a couple of months early so I could get a better idea what things looked like, then moved the date back a couple of months to when I really was retiring. UPS won't even accept the paperwork more than 90 days ahead (if they do they just sit on them or forget about them) and don't get serious about anything until the last 30 days. They still messed things up that had to be corrected months after I retired.

Returntosender

A retired driver recommended we youngsters keep our last end of year paycheck. Cause it's total career hours worked they use to calculate the pension pay. We will be able to dispute any short hours when the final numbers are submitted.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A retired driver recommended we youngsters keep our last end of year paycheck. Cause it's total career hours worked they use to calculate the pension pay. We will be able to dispute any short hours when the final numbers are submitted.

This veteran driver recommends you compare your EOY stub to your annual pension statements and address any concerns now rather than wait until you are filing retirement papers.

You can also use that stub to file your taxes.

oldngray

nowhere special

I needed to work until mid September to get credit for the whole year but finished the month and got my first pension check Oct 1.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Perhaps why upsers.com changed how far back you can view pay stubs ...........

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This driver, knew EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING. Evidently you can't/couldn't tell him anything.

So after retiring Friday, claiming that, being in CS, he's only have to pay $100 a mo for insurance for him and his wife, he calls back Wed, crying that he was mistaken. He has to pay $200 EACH and THEN, so it's claimed, he has to have, at least, 20 years vested. He only has 18 FT. He's down there begging for job back.

Long story short, he gets it. Right or wrong?
Right

He made a mistake and UPS & Teamsters did the right thing .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

C'mon, Dave. I asked how the granddaughter is, and you never answered.

I still haven't answered your other question. :)

We had a really nice visit. She is doing really well. She follows you with her eyes when you leave the room and has started grabbing and trying to hold on to things. She is such a quiet and content baby.

Mom is also doing well but looks tired. I told her she wouldn't get any sleep until Evie graduates from college.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I still haven't answered your other question. :)

We had a really nice visit. She is doing really well. She follows you with her eyes when you leave the room and has started grabbing and trying to hold on to things. She is such a quiet and content baby.

Mom is also doing well but looks tired. I told her she wouldn't get any sleep until Evie graduates from college.

How old?