After retired, you change your mind?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
This driver, knew EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING. Evidently you can't/couldn't tell him anything.

So after retiring Friday, claiming that, being in CS, he's only have to pay $100 a mo for insurance for him and his wife, he calls back Wed, crying that he was mistaken. He has to pay $200 EACH and THEN, so it's claimed, he has to have, at least, 20 years vested. He only has 18 FT. He's down there begging for job back.

Long story short, he gets it. Right or wrong?

The pension and healthcare are handled totally separately and by different departments in the NW. There's lots to know about both, and you just can't ask enough questions. I'm not sure how you'd ever qualify for pension yet not qualify for healthcare, but I'm not in CS so I can't say for sure.
In theory, any estimate for your actual pension check should go up from your original quote if you're still working and then retire since you'd be earning more contributions. After you do retire, it should go up once more, as it can take months to get all your final contributions credited to your account.
As a final bit of confusion, FT here are covered by one plan, and PT inside are covered on another, and will retire with different healthcare also. This was part of the deal for UPS to extract them from the healthcare plan that covers mgmt.

oldngray

nowhere special
The pension and healthcare are handled totally separately and by different departments in the NW. There's lots to know about both, and you just can't ask enough questions. I'm not sure how you'd ever qualify for pension yet not qualify for healthcare, but I'm not in CS so I can't say for sure.
In theory, any estimate for your actual pension check should go up from your original quote if you're still working and then retire since you'd be earning more contributions. After you do retire, it should go up once more, as it can take months to get all your final contributions credited to your account.
As a final bit of confusion, FT here are covered by one plan, and PT inside are covered on another, and will retire with different healthcare also. This was part of the deal for UPS to extract them from the healthcare plan that covers mgmt.

The pension and healthcare are handled by different departments who are clueless about each other. I never had any problems with pension (other than an increase of $1.50 per month when UPS finally figured out they had been wrong all along months later) but I had endless issues with healthcare coverage.

By The Book

A retired driver recommended we youngsters keep our last end of year paycheck. Cause it's total career hours worked they use to calculate the pension pay. We will be able to dispute any short hours when the final numbers are submitted.
Most, if not all pension plans have a cap on the hours worked that you get contributions on. In the west it's 2080 hours, so if your last end of year paycheck shows you worked 2,500 hours, 420 of those hours won't have any pension contributions paid on.

SCV good to go sir.

I envy you guys who will able to retire in the near future. I really don't think that'll be an option for my generation when we get there. Going to have to work until the day I die.