After running air , I was asked ...

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Here, you'll have to grieve it. That isn't to say you won't get paid, but center manager's and DM won't authorize ground rate, even if they say so to your face at the time. They'll go in the system when it comes time to verify and approve at end of week, and delete it/remove it, if it's entered.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I've been down that road...an example (one of many ) more than once an on-car had thrown ground and 3-days into my air mix. I always delivered them and ask for ground rate, for which the stock response is "you aren't getting ground rate, but you can grieve it, and you'll never deliver another ground again, and etc. in the future..."

Yes it's all talk, but that's the UPS management haughty but scared bully mentality.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Ground often consisting of bulk pieces left behind because the cars are blown out and didn't leave until 10.

Normally that is shuttled by our extra cover drivers, by seniority. IF it's an air driver, the air driver is supposed to drop it to the regular driver and does not receive ground rate. Shuttle.

PT Car Washer

Ground often consisting of bulk pieces left behind because the cars are blown out and didn't leave until 10.
I deliver bulk LIBs all the time and am paid top driver rate for it. Easy money as there is no commit time or anyone worrying about stops per hour. Just worried about missed pieces.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Normally that is shuttled by our extra cover drivers, by seniority. IF it's an air driver, the air driver is supposed to drop it to the regular driver and does not receive ground rate. Shuttle.
Same here, but they also use pt cover drivers to shuttle, and pay them as exception air drivers.
I deliver bulk LIBs all the time and am paid top driver rate for it. Easy money as there is no commit time or anyone worrying about stops per hour. Just worried about missed pieces.
Way it is here, you'd drive it to the stop and a ground driver would meet you there and scan it. Air rate. Such a scam.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Same here, but they also use pt cover drivers to shuttle, and pay them as exception air drivers.

Way it is here, you'd drive it to the stop and a ground driver would meet you there and scan it. Air rate. Such a scam.
my recollection was "wow I cruising around 25 miles round trip, 44/hr OT, to drop these ground packages at a dock, then watch the regular driver all sweating huffing and puffing, annoyed having to come back to the business and deliver them all, while I drive back to center, punch out and drink a beer"

Wasn't so bad shuttling work. :D