agile workforce ?

Discussion in 'UPS Partners' started by oldbrownguy, Mar 25, 2015.

1. oldbrownguy

oldbrownguy Member

Ok folks. Anyone out there know anything about this? From what I have heard, UPS is hiring retirees back to work (20 hr week max) and these folks act as consultants. Anyone out there know anything about this? In our district there have been a lot of questions from the region asking us old timers about our retirement plans (which I believe is illegal). Comments?
  2. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Only time I've seen that is at peak.
  3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

If they come back their either:
    A) idiots
    B) not good with managing their money
    C) both a and b.
  4. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

I believe you are referring to Retired Management employees.
    Is that correct?
  5. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Add c insane
  6. Usually when companies hire former employees as consultants they are considered contractors. They are paid as if they are a company and receive no benefits.
  7. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager

8. Dragon

Consult on what?
  9. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

Last peak they hired former managers as Diad trainers, and upkeep the compliance paperwork. Most of the regular sups were either DQF potential peak drivers for peak or training the peak drivers on the routes.
  10. Dragon

I can use someone to re-cert everyone on the yearly safety compliance to begin with....I easily have 40 hours in admin work a week for a "consultant".
  11. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

If you need someone to walk around the yard and write down trailer numbers, I'm your man.
  12. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Maybe all these new management tatics are being viewed as counter productive and they want some insight on how to effecrivly motivate the current culture of younger management to problem solve without fear of reprise.

Short version: They need someone to tell them upper management's managing skill ain't working.