Agreement reached

airbusfxr

I helped you in '97. I will tell you, that again, I will shut down the airline to assist your cause. You have to take some responsibility for your current agreement. I have no say so in your agreement with UPSINC. I do though hold a vote and a voice that goes into my UPSCO agreement. I do hold a stake in this company equal to any other employee and the sucess should be shared according to the value of the service commitment you provide. In closing the pilots and drivers keep us all employed.

airbusfxr

Well today's news changed from a maybe to a NO. UPSCO has make money off cutting mechanics and asking us to do more. Today's profit shows me that they can afford us the 55 bucks we asked for during surveys.

airbusfxr

Can some find Upssux. He owes fr8dog 5 to 1 odds over their bet on page 9 on local2727 thread. Please help me find him so he can eat crow.

A BIG NO vote from me if there is ANY language for outsourcing of work. I can't understand why you would even agree to that when we are winning arbitration hearings and court appeals on current contract language today. How can you give up work when there are guys on the street right now! Can someone explain to me how that is contract language that supports job security. Keep your 50 dollars an hour UPS and VOTE NO !
Lets hope during the 12 February hearing on the protest of 2010 Election results is a re-vote. Hopefully the results of this Tentative Agreement will highlight the inability of Combine to negotiate with the big boys and wake the membership up. I have my doubts he negotiated it anyways. I think the international put it together and now is making Combine sell it to us. If and when this re-vote takes place we need Joe Darmento , a experienced negotiator in there to hammer a real contract like he did in 1996 and 2002. I know it has been over 1700 days since negotiations have started with Combine and is hard to have to wait anymore.
But the facts show from start to finish Darmento knows how to negotiate efficiently and effectively under any economic climate. I guess you have to ask yourself if the risk and time of having Darmento negotiate, worth the wait that his financial rewards in his past contracts have brought us. Anybody heard if the E-board will be going on a road show to present that Tentative Agreement or when it will be posted on the web site in its entirety??