Ahh tis that time of year again

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
More I love your collections. Although I have probably 50 teapots, I only showcse a few. I dunno, one day, I got a itchin for teapots, and then ebay, flea markets, etc. My house is small so if I cant do them justice, I dont display them.
I sold one a while back and I got 125 for it, the beauty was I paid a buck. But it was brown, I really didnt want it, ya know...........
Im sure when Im dead and gone my kids will shuffle it all off to Goodwill or throw it over the bank, but, I never bought nothing that was not a beautiful thing, and something that would not increase in value.
Collections define who we are, and the joy it brings us to look at the things. I prefer a day at thrift shops and flea markets to having tons of money to buy stuff elsewhere. It makes me warm and fuzzy, which is rare anymore, LOL.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Great Irish movie lines....
"Pub? Pub? You've the face of an angel with the tongue of an adder. I have a good mind to go about me own business and tell Thon Shorton he's better off without ya! "
I'll drink to that!
:clover:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Great Irish movie lines....
"Pub? Pub? You've the face of an angel with the tongue of an adder. I have a good mind to go about me own business and tell Thon Shorton he's better off without ya! "
I'll drink to that!
:clover:

I love some of the movies of the same time as Going My Way. The Bells of St. Mary's (love Ingrid Bergman) was good too. Of course Bing too, but Barry wasn't in that one. I went to St. Mary's H.S. also.

Don't forget Fr. Flanagan and Boys Town ('38) ....Mickey Rooney's still around (in his 90's)

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I love some of the movies of the same time as Going My Way. The Bells of St. Mary's (love Ingrid Bergman) was good too. Of course Bing too, but Barry wasn't in that one. I went to St. Mary's H.S. also.

Don't forget Fr. Flanagan and Boys Town ('38) ....Mickey Rooney's still around (in his 90's)

A nice Catholic girl . I went to a Catholic HS too (mascot was fighting Irish) My brother the star of the family was a cum laude graduate of Notre Dame go figure

moreluck

golden ticket member
A nice Catholic girl . I went to a Catholic HS too (mascot was fighting Irish) My brother the star of the family was a cum laude graduate of Notre Dame go figure

"Irish" was the nickname of a rival school.....St. Vincent H.S.
Ironic, that St. Mary's got closed and was blended into St. V's and the new school is called St. Vincent-St. Mary High School.

texan

You must be proud of him (your brother) An honor to go to Notre Dame and come out with cum laude.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I miss the dinners @ Nannys with Tommy ,Franny, Maureen,Michael,MaryAnne, Patty,Eileen,Stevie,Johnnie,Debbie ,Brenda,Jimmy,Susan,Dennis,and meself.The house always smelled like ham and cabbage such happy times.Nanny (Bridgie) would make soda bread on Saint Paddys. More than half are gone now ,some taken by the drink. Until we meet again with Nanny, Happy Saint Patricks Day to the grandchildren of Bridget MacHale !