Ahmed, The Terrorist

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I predict this kid is going to be the CEO of his own tech company some day. Sarah Palin's comments today were pretty illustrative of the way Righties feel about Muslims. She continues to demonstrate how unqualified she is for any office every time she opens her mouth.

rod

Retired 22 years
The kid brings a count down clock to school (he didn't "invent a clock") that could very easily be mistaken for something else and people feel sorry for him? He's lucky he didn't get shot!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Interesting how his story keeps changing .

He is just another media hound .

And why is his religion mentioned ?

Is the MSM going to mention every kid who causes trouble in school their religion too ?

rod

Retired 22 years
Lets see this idiot kid carry that count down clock into an airport or maybe even into the White House and we can all get a good laugh as he is tackled and the stun guns are let loose on him.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Lets see this idiot kid carry that count down clock into an airport or maybe even into the White House and we can all get a good laugh as he is tackled and the stun guns are let loose on him.
Do you really want the atmosphere of a school to be equated to that of an airport?

10 point

Maybe that's what the story is actually about.
Lots of us don't think a school needs to be just as secure as an airport.
Not everyone feels the need to live in a state of fear and paranoia.
Think that statement would be popular today at Columbine or any of the school massacre sites?

I don't understand statements like that after watching the news the last few years.

One of my friends told me their son's school confiscated over sixty guns by metal detectors in less than six months a few years ago. Before Columbine.

This violence has less to do with religious affiliation and more to do with retaliation but you never know what's next.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Think that statement would be popular today at Columbine or any of the school massacre sites?

I don't understand statements like that after watching the news the last few years.

One of my friends told me their son's school confiscated over sixty guns by metal detectors in less than six months a few years ago. Before Columbine.

This violence has less to do with religious affiliation and more to do with retaliation but you never know what's next.
Columbine wasn't a few years ago, it was over 15 years ago.
I was in elementary school by the way, and the wave of paranoia and political correctness surrounding any mention of guns or threats by students was just as ridiculous a day after the massacre as it is now.

People are so reactionary it's laughable. These horrible events are so hard for some people to comprehend they feel the world is falling apart and they have to do something to stop it... the result is completely ridiculous policies that are blown way out of proportion.

10 point

Columbine wasn't a few years ago, it was over 15 years ago.
I was in elementary school by the way, and the wave of paranoia and political correctness surrounding any mention of guns or threats by students was just as ridiculous a day after the massacre as it is now.

People are so reactionary it's laughable. These horrible events are so hard for some people to comprehend they feel the world is falling apart and they have to do something to stop it... the result is completely ridiculous policies that are blown way out of proportion.
Safeguards have been put into place and I'm sure, like at my friends school, more shootings have been avoided. Having our heads in the sand does not change reality.

10 point

I agree, having your head in the sand isn't changing reality.
Look up the report from the Washington Post article 10 months ago and you can read the list of shootings from 2012-2014.

Almost 100 total.
Roughly one per week.
Almost 50 in grades K-12.

Evidently they have their heads in the sand too.

10 point

Even better in an Israeli airport. We're not up to speed ... yet.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Look up the report from the Washington Post article 10 months ago and you can read the list of shootings from 2012-2014.

Almost 100 total.
Roughly one per week.
Almost 50 in grades K-12.

Evidently they have their heads in the sand too.
Half of those happened at universities.
Are you suggesting we should have security guards and metal detectors at the entrance to every university academic building?
Maybe we should have random searches of all dorm rooms on campus, and monitor all social media postings for questionable statements. Maybe while we're at it we should search the homes of all students in elementary schools for weapons and bombs.

Or we could just live our lives and accept that bad stuff happens sometimes.
Like I said, not everyone is scared all the time like you.

10 point

Half of those happened at universities.
Are you suggesting we should have security guards and metal detectors at the entrance to every university academic building?
Maybe we should have random searches of all dorm rooms on campus, and monitor all social media postings for questionable statements. Maybe while we're at it we should search the homes of all students in elementary schools for weapons and bombs.

Or we could just live our lives and accept that bad stuff happens sometimes.
Like I said, not everyone is scared all the time like you.
Did I say I was scared? You create fantasies to prop up your hypothetical posts.

I said, if you read and comprehend, that almost 50 of the approximately 100 shootings since Sandy Hook were K-12 so using subtraction I would hope you would deduce the remainder to be out of K-12 leaving campuses of universities/colleges the location of the rest.

I'm not afraid to die.
Are you afraid to die?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Did I say I was scared? You create fantasies to prop up your hypothetical posts.

I said, if you read and comprehend, that almost 50 of the approximately 100 shootings since Sandy Hook were K-12 so using subtraction I would hope you would deduce the remainder to be out of K-12 leaving campuses of universities/colleges the location of the rest.

I'm not afraid to die.
Are you afraid to die?
So why the need for a state of paranoia in grade schools and not universities then?

10 point

So why the need for a state of paranoia in grade schools and not universities then?
Paranoia is a poor choice of status.
Adjust for changing conditions.
Society is changing.
Unfortunately, as seen in our airports, we have to make responsible adjustments with those changes.
If your neighbor gets a new dog and it chases and bites your kids as they walk to school your responsibility is to confront the problem and make sure your children are protected.
Is that paranoia?
No. It's common sense.

10 point

I guess I see the issue like this:

If I drive thru a crime ridden area of a city knowing that it's dangerous I need to count the cost of what may happen and be prepared for the variables.

If I'm walking into our county courthouse I feel safer but now they are being forced to put metal detectors, guards, and surveillance cameras in that for several decades weren't deemed necessary due to the possibility of violence being less than our experience is today.

You want your family to be safe but very few public places can be considered as safe as they were in yrs past.
I say be wise about your surroundings but like your life to the fullest.
Otherwise it's a waste.