air cargo, 2006

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by whisper, May 11, 2005.

1. whisper

whisper Guest

will feeder drivers be part of this expansion?

2. menlo

menlo Guest

No, Menlo has drivers that will be picking up the freight.This is a different part of UPS called Supply Chain Solutions.The drivers will be UPS Cartage Services.

3. trickpony1

trickpony1 Guest

Let me guess......"UPS Cartage Services" drivers will not be organized (as in "union")?

4. upsdawg

upsdawg Guest

Supply Chain Solutions is a broad spectrum of services offered to customers---we will warehouse their product----repair their product----move their product by ocean--truck--plane-----air freight is a component of what SCS offers. Is there going to be a mandate to switch all of the previous Menlo Logistics employees over to union?

I would hope that SCS continues to have the flexibility to obtain new business-----to obtain new business at rates that are above our costs---if we tie their hands with a high cost of unionized employees it will limit their success when they are bidding against non-union companies (FedEx--DHL)whose costs are much lower---thus they can offer lower rates and undercut us to get the business.

5. menlo

menlo Guest

I am a driver in New York State for UPS Cartage services and we are Teamsters.Most of the former EMERY/MENLO drivers are union.There are still some nonunion stations out there.

6. vet

vet Guest

In my area Menlo is teamster