Air conditioning in yard birds

gorilla75jdw

Do any of you guys at the larger hubs , smaller hubs have air conditioning in your yard birds , shifting trucks ? Our management tells us after the grievance is filed and heard that no birds have A.C. in them across the country , and we all know how trustworthy management is . If you do have A.C. in your yard bird could you post a picture of it .

rod

Retired 22 years
Do any of you guys at the larger hubs , smaller hubs have air conditioning in your yard birds , shifting trucks ? Our management tells us after the grievance is filed and heard that no birds have A.C. in them across the country , and we all know how trustworthy management is . If you do have A.C. in your yard bird could you post a picture of it .

The only yard bird we ever had was an old Diamond Reo cab-over with 10 million miles on it that was painted yellow with a brush. I doubt it had ANYTHING on it that worked.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Don't know of any of these that have AC, even down here in Texas where we could sure use them. They do assign a certain number of old rag-tag tractors to take up the slack to shift in the yard, and you can sometimes find a/c in these.
truck3a.jpg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I know the shifting horses at CACH don't have AC.

Johney

Just curious, why do shifters feel they need A/C? Don't you think P/C drivers feel the same? We all know that will never happen.

gorilla75jdw

I would think shifters need/want a.c. just like every other position without a.c. , but that's just me . We had a feeder driver from Louisville KY telling us on the c.b. they have them at worldport, that was why I was asking . Carry on .

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I would think shifters need/want a.c. just like every other position without a.c. , but that's just me . We had a feeder driver from Louisville KY telling us on the c.b. they have them at worldport, that was why I was asking . Carry on .
Feeder drivers like to stir up trouble sometimes too. I wouldn't believe a whole lot a feeder driver says. lol. Don't ask me how I know these things. ;)

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Whoa!! Are you saying that maybe, just maybe, FNN isn't totally accurate?
One thing I do know is feeder drivers. I know one guy in particular who would start a rumor, it didn't matter what about. May be a guy get demoted or we lost some jobs to Dallas, or whatever. He would just make something up. He would wait a week to see what it had evolved into while it made the rounds. If FNN had it, it must be true. Never known this company to tell a lie.

Inthegame

The only yard bird we ever had was an old Diamond Reo cab-over with 10 million miles on it that was painted yellow with a brush. I doubt it had ANYTHING on it that worked.
Hey wait a minute, I think I drove that tractor when it was new.:w00t:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

A few years back, Worldport got 15 brand new yardbirds factory equipped with a/c.

Before these yardbirds were put into service, UPS had automotive remove the a/c from everyone of them.