Air driver /clerk

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by upsairdriver2015, Oct 30, 2015.

1. I filed a grievance for delivering ground. Now starting 11/2/15 my pickups will be done by delivery drivers. Can Ups do this ? Sure seems like retaliation! I need help !!

2. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

In my building the Union BA filed a grievance over Air Drivers doing ground work. Pulled all the ground work off all the Air Drivers. Yes they can would be my guess.

3. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

Are you a full time bid air driver? Will you be losing hours because of this change in operation, or are they shifting you to do something else during this time. Is it a permanent change , or just done during peak?

4. So I should sign the seasonal bid . Then I can at least drive at make $18 an hour .

5. Peppermint Patty

Peppermint Patty Cardboard Pusher

Are your pickups ground pickups or air pickups?

7. Yes I am full time . I just won the bid in July . I would have to work in side but my inside rate is 14 bucks

8. Both air and ground . That was going to be the next grievance about picking up ground

9. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

So did they take drop boxes off of you?

Did you file because you picked up ground at a Dropbox?

10. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

22.3?
    What did they do last year with your P/U's.
    Here a lot of air exception divers run routes during peak season.

11. Not sure . I was not told about this . A ground driver asked me tonight what I was doing cause he has all my pick ups !

12. PT Car Washer

UPS took away all of your Air work? Still owe you 8 hours of work somewhere.

13. I shuttled and delivered ground but was part time . I was filing in for a year in a half the full time driver was on disability.

14. Peppermint Patty

Peppermint Patty Cardboard Pusher

So are you losing both hours and money??? Did you file for not being paid ground???

15. Yes but inside rate sucks . Tough losing 30 bucks an hour!

16. PT Car Washer

Were you paid top driver rate for shuttling and delivering ground while you were PT?

17. Do it and bid on another job.

18. Yeah I filed two weeks ago . I got the back pay . Then i covered the counter this week for vacation.

19. No I was paid top air driver rate . When I won the bid I had to go back through progression and start at 1450