Air driver /clerk

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Ya I agree its hard to give up that ground pay but if your not a ground driver UPS can bring in a ground guy to do your ground pickups. That just happened in our building last week and our air guys are not happy about it.

upsairdriver2015

UPS took away all of your Air work? Still owe you 8 hours of work somewhere.
So did they take drop boxes off of you?

Did you file because you picked up ground at a Dropbox?
No I told my center manager about that . He said Ups would lose that grievance. But I would lose my route ( he said this isn't a threat) the company wants to get rid of air drivers . I saw sups delivering packages today !

upsairdriver2015

Ya I agree its hard to give up that ground pay but if your not a ground driver UPS can bring in a ground guy to do your ground pickups. That just happened in our building last week and our air guys are not happy about it.
Air drivers in are hub were getting 15 min for each ground package delivered. I was told that was right then started reading the contact !

PT Car Washer

Happened to all the Air drivers in my building earlier this summer. Wasn't UPS idea but the Union BA who forced the issue. We were all being paid top driver rate for the day anytime we did ground work.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Can they do that?? In my building they just won't let air drivers do ground work at all. All ground goes to ground drivers even on Saturday pickups.

PT Car Washer

Air drivers in are hub were getting 15 min for each ground package delivered. I was told that was right then started reading the contact !
That is crazy. We don't get paid by the piece. We get paid by the hour. Sounds like a Center manager wants to bury the problem before his bosses find out what he has been doing.