Air driver /clerk

Ms.PacMan

Sure, so he can go home and have dinner with the family.
Yes but you should only have air left to pick up (with maybe a few ground). Driver should do his job and you should do yours.

Now driver is staying late to p/u air and you got nothing. I think your center manager got both of you.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm having enough fun with OP. I don't think it's fair a guy worries about having a job when he gets back from vacation. He should be home enjoying it.
He will still have his part time job. But it's your job as a sup to let him
Know we are doing away with all part time air drivers.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Why not just send a driver that'll be out later?

Odd way to manage.
There would only be 2 reasons I can think of off the top of my head. 1)Need the air back early so they sweep it. He's just grabbing ground while he's there. 2)The UPS store blows out the vehicle every day so he's easing the burden. I know during peak if we don't sweep it once or twice there is no way we are getting it in a package car. And that's even if it's his only pick up.

Brownslave688

There would only be 2 reasons I can think of off the top of my head. 1)Need the air back early so they sweep it. He's just grabbing ground while he's there. 2)The UPS store blows out the vehicle every day so he's easing the burden. I know during peak if we don't sweep it once or twice there is no way we are getting it in a package car. And that's even if it's his only pick up.
Peak yeah. Just don't see why they couldn't figure something else out 90% of the time.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Peak yeah. Just don't see why they couldn't figure something else out 90% of the time.
Agreed. But that was just what I thought of quick. I know for our UPS store it's tough to get coverage in that location. All the guys on that side of town are usually blown out. Sending an air driver is usually our only go to.

Brownslave688

I took over the other driver had a stroke . He was on disability for a year 1/2 . I worked the job the whole time . Then it was put out to bid . Two people signed it ahead of me. 1 person lasted a day dq herself . 2 nd person lasted 2 weeks !
Well here is where you may have an augment. If you bid on a previous job you should be doing what the previous person did.

Brownslave688

Agreed. But that was just what I thought of quick. I know for our UPS store it's tough to get coverage in that location. All the guys on that side of town are usually blown out. Sending an air driver is usually our only go to.
We have a ups store right off the interstate. Half of the center drives right by it to come back to the building. Sometimes they act like it's an amazing feat to cover it. Lol

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We have a ups store right off the interstate. Half of the center drives right by it to come back to the building. Sometimes they act like it's an amazing feat to cover it. Lol
The only time it's ever really an issue is finals week at the University when they get blown out with textbooks and the month of December. Otherwise, it can usually fit in one package car.