Air driver getting bumped need info

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Airdriver, Jun 23, 2015.

1. AirportCafe

AirportCafe New Member

Hi all members I'm new to this and need some clarifiction. I've been the PT Air Driver for a year now and the only one in my center (it's a small center) I'm taking all the air including savers that the drivers can't make. They recently promoted 2 cover drivers to FT Drivers and at most times they don't have routes and work the preload and local sort to get their 8 hours. Now they are saying they want to take my savers away to give to the FT without routes. Can they do this or am I entitled to take the savers ?

2. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

FT trumps PT. Sorry bud.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

Not true.

Was never allowed to bump pt air exception drivers when laid off. If I get a chance I'll look up the air articles that apply

4. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Art 40 preamble states the following section shall supersedes language on the same subjects in the Supplements, Riders and Addenda unless specifically stated otherwise in this Article. I bump FT drivers all the time doing Air work. Sometimes ground work also.

5. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

How can drivers not be able to make commit times on savers?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. PT Car Washer

More of a trick sups will use to pull down a drivers stop count. Silly because most times the driver will have a ground stop next door.

7. Orion inc.

Orion inc. I like turtles

I've never seen a PT driver or inside bump a FT driver for ground work. What article do you base that off? Full time seniority always displaced PT seniority in work of classification like driving. Even if the FT driver had less "company seniority " than the PT driver.

8. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

image.jpg Your wrong. Ft trumps pt all day every day. Look all you want. It's the truth

9. jponce196

jponce196 New Member

10. PT Car Washer

Ft driver is guaranteed his 8 hours of pay if he is used. A lot of times the company will use me to run a bulk stop or run misloads for a couple hours. Pay me top driver rate and all is legal per Art 40. Or rookie drivers who have trouble finding their way back to the building. Otherwise higher seniority drivers will file because they had to work 10 hours and you let this new driver go home early.

11. PT Car Washer

When have you ever seen a FT driver file a grievance for more work? Most times I have drivers throwing me work so they can have an easier day. Even driver Union Stewards.

12. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Our supplement says that the full-timer must have more company seniority than the part-timer they want to bump.

13. PT Car Washer

That is for laid off FT drivers. Most times they place them in the smalls sort with the old ladies because they can't hang with the big dogs.

14. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

More like we will work safely and efficiently and follow all safety rules ... That's where I was put in early 90's when I was not needed. Lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

It's pretty obvious I was talking about laid off FT drivers. LOL!

16. I Am Jacks Damaged Box

I Am Jacks Damaged Box Well-Known Member

UPS lays off FT drivers?

Lol.

17. AirOnTrace

AirOnTrace Allergic to cardboard.

Yes.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. I Am Jacks Damaged Box

I Am Jacks Damaged Box Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm completely enthused that I stayed away then.

If brown is laying off FT drivers, they're no better than FedEx.

19. BrownTexas

BrownTexas Well-Known Member

Your being used illegally, that work is full time work. If they have you doing it then they need another full time position. I'd file and get paid for ever minute you drive. Have done so and will continue to do so.

20. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that they have used all available full time drivers and then use you for additional work, is this the case?