Air driver getting bumped need info

Orion inc.

I like turtles
My Local has the same attitude and I agree with it. I had my chance years (decades) ago to go FT but choose not to. I don't bump any FT drivers out of their jobs but when there is extra work I will take it. I have plenty of work around the house to keep me busy during the slow times.

That's such a contradicting statement. You admit to doing regular ground work like daily pick ups and bulk yet you don't think that's taking from the laid off FT guy. Oh ok. Nice back step hypocrite move right there.

By The Book

In my supplement I can't bump a part-timer with more company seniority than me when laid off from driving. As far as I know that even applies if that part-timer is an air driver.
In all likelihood if a FT driver was on layoff he would have no problem bumping into the sorts to get their 8. With our 6 to 1 ratio and their seniority before they went full time they would have seniority on a lot of part timers. Off the street hires could have a hard time though.

PT Car Washer

Yeah guys like you who steal FT work.
Think what you want. All I know is most drivers appreciate me coming in to bail them out. Helped out a lot of the new drivers also when they were trying to qualify. The fact is UPS hired way too many drivers last year. Most are back driving because of vacations but not all. I am not the enemy you try and make me out to be.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
My Local has the same attitude and I agree with it. I had my chance years (decades) ago to go FT but choose not to. I don't bump any FT drivers out of their jobs but when there is extra work I will take it. I have plenty of work around the house to keep me busy during the slow times.
Oh and doing FT work 4x a week by your own admission is not "extra work". Extra work under article 40 would be "so and so has too many ndas, here's 10 of them" not "so and do wants to be off by 4, here do his daily pick ups or other stops".

And you admit you could of gone FT but nah...I'll just steal the work instead do I can keep my flexible PT schedule I made with management on a side agreement.

You're so awesome I bet the sun revolves around you.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Think what you want. All I know is most drivers appreciate me coming in to bail them out. Helped out a lot of the new drivers also when they were trying to qualify. The fact is UPS hired way too many drivers last year. Most are back driving because of vacations but not all. I am not the enemy you try and make me out to be.
No you're not the enemy but you're the problem with the whole "me" entitlement. Keep patting yourself on the back thinking you're helping all those drivers new and old. The only thing you're helping is yourself to their hours and money. If they started to actually think of it that way, you'd be amazed at how "grateful " they won't be

Overpaid Union Thug

Oh and doing FT work 4x a week by your own admission is not "extra work". Extra work under article 40 would be "so and so has too many ndas, here's 10 of them" not "so and do wants to be off by 4, here do his daily pick ups or other stops".

And you admit you could of gone FT but nah...I'll just steal the work instead do I can keep my flexible PT schedule I made with management on a side agreement.

You're so awesome I bet the sun revolves around you.
It would help if the people he is screwing had balls. LOL!

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The Center has an emergency they call me to help out. The penalty is they have to pay me top driver rate under Art 40. I could just as easily not answer the phone.

Wow your center has a lot of "emergencies ". 4x a week apparently. It's the we all need to be off by 4 emergency.

That's a load of ...well

PT Car Washer

Wow your center has a lot of "emergencies ". 4x a week apparently. It's the we all need to be off by 4 emergency.

That's a load of ...well
Answer me this. When the top Union official filed on this practice this Spring it all came to a stop. I supported her action and took up a running program to fill in my spare time. (3 miles most days) now things are back to the way they were and my running program suffers. What changed. It is Summer and people want off early and it is hot and vacations and Holidays. And drivers don't want to work. Give it to the PT guy. Not a peep from the Union.

clean hairy

This would fit in perfect with the work ethics thread.
The attitude of "ME! ME! ME! I don't care who I step on, I am self entitled to do what I want at the expense of others!"
Everyone is a part of a team, and here is a team member sticking it to their teammates!
Has been asked, and told in this thread to please consider others, but comes up with excuses to justify the "ME!" mindset.
BTW, I wonder if this person is even in the union?

By The Book

Answer me this. When the top Union official filed on this practice this Spring it all came to a stop. I supported her action and took up a running program to fill in my spare time. (3 miles most days) now things are back to the way they were and my running program suffers. What changed. It is Summer and people want off early and it is hot and vacations and Holidays. And drivers don't want to work. Give it to the PT guy. Not a peep from the Union.
Do me a favor, the next time they ask you at work or call you at home ask them if they've asked the drivers on layoff. If they say they have and they still need you fine. Then when you see the laid off drivers verify if they were asked. If they say no then tell them they should file on it. I'm not saying you have to do anything, but you should. You really have to put yourself in the other persons shoes and ask yourself would I like it if this was happening to me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do me a favor, the next time they ask you at work or call you at home ask them if they've asked the drivers on layoff. If they say they have and they still need you fine. Then when you see the laid off drivers verify if they were asked. If they say no then tell them they should file on it. I'm not saying you have to do anything, but you should. You really have to put yourself in the other persons shoes and ask yourself would I like it if this was happening to me.

If I were one of the laid off drivers I would be filing each and every time PT went on road while I sat at home.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I'd take the easy extra work, too. If PT Car Washer doesn't take it, I'd guess UPS has a long list of other qualified people to call and they all aren't laid off drivers. You can say "it's not right" or "not contractual" but the fact of the matter is, the union allows it to happen and the company can operate how it sees fit.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'd take the easy extra work, too. If PT Car Washer doesn't take it, I'd guess UPS has a long list of other qualified people to call. You can say "it's not right" or "not contractual" but the fact of the matter is, the union allows it to happen and the company can operate how it sees fit.

We have a 22.3 who is basically an unpaid on call employee. He gets more hours than some FT employees.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Would you honestly turn down an opportunity to make a little extra money because of a laid off driver?

Calling him in to do FT work is management's problem when the grievances start, not his.

I would assume management would follow the contract in the first place so there wouldn't be one....shocker I know.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I would assume management would follow the contract in the first place so there wouldn't be one....shocker I know.
It's too bad there wasn't a process where people who felt they were wronged by management could grieve it.

Unless the guy is doing pickups in flip flops and jeans and driving a minivan I'm going to go ahead and guess the guys who are doing inside work are seeing him do this. If they want to grieve they have every right to. Apparently nobody has felt the need.