Air driver question

BurntSienna

How does one become a full time air driver?
I am currently a part timer. I work the preload, deliver air most days when needed and run air every Sat.
I also drove peak the last 2 seasons. My goal is to be a FT driver. I should be getting another shot to go driving in the Spring but with the volume being down lately I'm worried that they won't work me enough days to qualify. Just wondering what my easiest path to full time might be. I really need this to happen. Been busting my butt working 2 jobs to make ends meet.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How does one become a full time air driver?
I am currently a part timer. I work the preload, deliver air most days when needed and run air every Sat.
I also drove peak the last 2 seasons. My goal is to be a FT driver. I should be getting another shot to go driving in the Spring but with the volume being down lately I'm worried that they won't work me enough days to qualify. Just wondering what my easiest path to full time might be. I really need this to happen. Been busting my butt working 2 jobs to make ends meet.
If only there was a way to find out if this had been discussed here one or a billion times.

bfeather

Sounds like I've been doing for the last year at my hub, minus the route driving during peak lol. My only primary advice, is to just keep doing exactly what you have been doing. Think that hard work and dedication still means something at UPS.

Try talking to your ORS when "realistically" you'll be able to become a cover driver? I did that and usually get a shortened estimated time like a year from now. Probably be more like 2 or 3 more years for sure. Best of luck with your goal. Kind of exciting when ya think about it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
FYI - I did run a search before posting. Didn't see anything come up
image.gif