Air driver to cover driver

L

Lost Octopus

It does...just have never seen the rules in writing...only through word of mouth.

UPSGUY72

As a part time air driver you never went through a full time progression. That said Part time air to full time you still have a 30 driver day probation period. You start at $16.10 till after 30 day and get your senority you get a raise to $17.25.

It's like going from a full time driver job to a 22.3 job your going to see a pay cut.

NaiveRapture

Learning the system
Sorry to revive this thread, but I usually do that in lieu of starting a new one.

I've been a cover driver for about two and a half years, and worked as a part time inside worker for four and a half years. Eventually when a full time position becomes available and I have enough seniority that I get it, how long do I have to wait to go from cover driver rate to top FT rate?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Sorry to revive this thread, but I usually do that in lieu of starting a new one.

I've been a cover driver for about two and a half years, and worked as a part time inside worker for four and a half years. Eventually when a full time position becomes available and I have enough seniority that I get it, how long do I have to wait to go from cover driver rate to top FT rate?
You'll have to check your supplement on that, you guys handle cover drivers differently than other regions. Up here cover drivers are regular FT just like bid drivers, same pay, etc.

teresarice

Ok now you got my attention! I need to this clarified Im in 206 oregon and 2 years ago I went from top pay 20 something an hour pt unloader and air exception driver to full time pkg driver. Lost lots vacation and opt also started over pay scale Im up to 17something now may will be 2 years in pkg but wow have I been losing????

UnconTROLLed

perfection
To the past few posts:

Read your supplements. IF your cover jobs are FULL-TIME cover jobs, such as we have here in NE, then that counts as part of a full-time progression.

However, if you are a TCD - Temporary cover driver - like in the Middle Atlantic region and others, you are not in a full-time progression ( to my knowledge), so if you bid into a full-time permanent job (cover, route etc) then you must start the 3 year progression.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Ok now you got my attention! I need to this clarified Im in 206 oregon and 2 years ago I went from top pay 20 something an hour pt unloader and air exception driver to full time pkg driver. Lost lots vacation and opt also started over pay scale Im up to 17something now may will be 2 years in pkg but wow have I been losing????

How were you making 20+ an hour as an unloader/exception air? Were you a 22.3 FT? You have 20+ years service?

If you were a 22.3, depending on when you took the job, you should goto top rate in package either 2 or 3 years from your FT date.

If you were PT inside/exception air with a lot of years, making 20 an hour, I believe that when you go FT and into the progression, you should not be losing any money. Your pay rate either goes up to the progression rate, or it should stay the same as your old inside rate until you reach top rate, which is greater.

Correct me if I'm wrong..

NaiveRapture

Learning the system
AFAIK in Florida (or whatever region my contract is in), if you're a cover driver (we don't have full time cover drivers) and you go to FT package car, you retain your pay rate until you're finished with progression. My only question was if my time as a cover driver counted towards progression, even though technically I'm classified as a part time Reload employee. I was told that it does not but, you know how management likes to know the wrong information haha.

some1else

2 or 3 years?

For those of us thqt were hired pt under the "2year progression" contract and go ft is our progression 2 or 3?

Specific case;
hired '04 as pt bid air
tranfered march 2010 to ft package
kept "top air" rate

how long until top ft rate will be reached? 2 years? 3years?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
2 or 3 years?

For those of us thqt were hired pt under the "2year progression" contract and go ft is our progression 2 or 3?

Specific case;
hired '04 as pt bid air
tranfered march 2010 to ft package
kept "top air" rate

how long until top ft rate will be reached? 2 years? 3years?

It should be 3 years.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
I've been a bid air driver for 3.75 yrs. and been at top rate air pay($22.45) for 1.75yrs. I started cover driven full time this spring and they droped my pay down to $16.10. I've had the same complaint. Thought I would stay at my air rate till My time in progression exceeded it. They all tell me no. I gain hours but get the pay cut.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Were in the contract does it say we keep our bid air rate when we start full time cover driven. I dont' see it. been looking. As far as I understand we get the pay cut but if contract says otherwise please show me cause I work alot harder and been on a crazy split route that transfered from one center to mine and sure would like my $$ back. Hours r better but it still hurts to see my bid air top rate taking away. I put my time in as far as I see it.