Air Drivers Going Full Time

Fly713

This isn't a question directly for me but I need an answer one of my friends went full time but he had to start off at 16...and stay there when he was already at top pay for a year a so... I know when your a TCD you keep your pay rate when you go full time is it any reason why air driving may be different

Sent using BrownCafe App

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Air driver is in a different classification than cover driver. tcd's pay is governed under article 41, air driving is governed under article 40

AlwaysChafed

Was air driver his primary job? Or was he a sorter who drove air along with his normal PT job?

See this is how I was classified. PT who drives air but I've driven way more air than reload. My HR says I was upgraded to air but vacation checks are reload wages. This is soooo messed up.

opie

This isn't a question directly for me but I need an answer one of my friends went full time but he had to start off at 16...and stay there when he was already at top pay for a year a so... I know when your a TCD you keep your pay rate when you go full time is it any reason why air driving may be different

Sent using BrownCafe App

He should have started at his air rate. Which would have been around $24 to $25 dollars per hour. When you go PT to FT and your PT rate is higher than the FT rate, you start at your PT rate.

Fly713

The bad thing about it is he's been ft a full year now hopefully he can get all his retro pay I gave him a BA number today.... He checked on it when he first went full time and one of the stewards gave him some bad info... But thanks

Sent using BrownCafe App

nineyearsUGH

What is the wage in the following scenario (and why)?

A part time preloader earns $15 when working inside. He has also drives exception air, when he earns top-rate, about $23/hr. He bids ft ground driving position (and makes his 30 days).

Which rate is used in article 22.2.c, which says that he is red-circled until progression catches up with his wage? If it’s his inside rate it doesn’t matter because it is below the beginning driving rate. If it is the air driving rate, he would make a lot more money.

PT Car Washer

He is a PT preloader. Air exception is just for extra work. He will receive starting driver rate. If payroll messes up and pays him the higher air rate UPS will get their money back as soon as they catch it. And they will catch it.

nineyearsUGH

Yeah, they caught it.
I just thought it would be his higher rate. But if he was an pt air driver, he would get the air driver rate through the progression period, right?

Fly713

He is a PT preloader. Air exception is just for extra work. He will receive starting driver rate. If payroll messes up and pays him the higher air rate UPS will get their money back as soon as they catch it. And they will catch it.

He was an pm air driver that's all he did on his check his pay rate the one on top of the hrs work was at the 24... He had a route m-friend

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ouch

See this is how I was classified. PT who drives air but I've driven way more air than reload. My HR says I was upgraded to air but vacation checks are reload wages. This is soooo messed up.
If you had 156 reports as driver then your vacation checks should have been at driver rate.

jhughes

i was p/t air driver at top rate took article 22.3 fulltime air driving and building shift at phila air hub took a $10.00 anhour pay cut and made to go thru another 2 year progression to get top rate a started full time feb 6 2012 feb6 2014 finished 2 year progression got top rate on driving side $26.74 ? and $20.oo on inside rate took another 22.5 job both inside jobs got knocked down to $20.00 on both sides with labor saying inever finished progression and now have another year to do its been 14 weeks to get this answer when i filed a greivance inearly april i was told by my local 623 vice president and another elected officer that i would get top rate on both sides since you only have to do 1 full time progression its no fun getting it stuck to me twice they (623) said it will go to panel in Oct what good is a contract that ups does not honor

UnconTROLLed

perfection
i was p/t air driver at top rate took article 22.3 fulltime air driving and building shift at phila air hub took a $10.00 anhour pay cut and made to go thru another 2 year progression to get top rate a started full time feb 6 2012 feb6 2014 finished 2 year progression got top rate on driving side $26.74 ? and $20.oo on inside rate took another 22.5 job both inside jobs got knocked down to $20.00 on both sides with labor saying inever finished progression and now have another year to do its been 14 weeks to get this answer when i filed a greivance inearly april i was told by my local 623 vice president and another elected officer that i would get top rate on both sides since you only have to do 1 full time progression its no fun getting it stuck to me twice they (623) said it will go to panel in Oct what good is a contract that ups does not honor
I know the person who negotiated the language saying an employee would only do one FT progression.
The PT to FT progression in your case, was correct. If you completed the two year FT 22.3 inside/outside progression, you should NOT need to complete another progression (or the difference between the ins/ins job and ins/out).
The Teamsters also take advantage of people who don't know the contract and won't stand up for themselves. I did not have to complete another progression because of help outside our local union cronies. otherwise they were going to sell me out. Again they (the union) tried to make me complete two FT progressions so I understand your situation.

jhughes

I know the person who negotiated the language saying an employee would only do one FT progression.
The PT to FT progression in your case, was correct. If you completed the two year FT 22.3 inside/outside progression, you should NOT need to complete another progression (or the difference between the ins/ins job and ins/out).
The Teamsters also take advantage of people who don't know the contract and won't stand up for themselves. I did not have to complete another progression because of help outside our local union cronies. otherwise they were going to sell me out. Again they (the union) tried to make me complete two FT progressions so I understand your situation.
i get the same impression iwas going to contact a lawyer and find out my options how long did it take you and did youget back pay and penalty ??

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I didn't get back pay because I made a big enough stink about it as it happened. In 2010 having been FT four years, I bid into a 22.3 air/inside job after having already completed the inside/inside 22.3 progression. (2006-2008 progression). Then the union says "we straightened that out for you" as though they personally helped me. lol

Their excuse at the time was that Article 40 and Article 22 FT progressions were separate entities and independent of each other.

jhughes

I didn't get back pay because I made a big enough stink about it as it happened. In 2010 having been FT four years, I bid into a 22.3 air/inside job after having already completed the inside/inside 22.3 progression. (2006-2008 progression). Then the union says "we straightened that out for you" as though they personally helped me. lol
mine is the opposite i am really fed up with our local i still can't believe they won this past election

jhughes

Their excuse at the time was that Article 40 and Article 22 FT progressions were separate entities and independent of each other.
yes but it does not say it has to be one distinct progression or that every progression is separate from another