Air Drivers Going Full Time

UnconTROLLed

perfection
yes but it does not say it has to be one distinct progression or that every progression is separate from another
The language says that an employee must only complete one full-time progression. The "out" card the union tried with me, was saying that the inside/air job was article 40 and article 40 language literally supercedes article 41. So the article 40 combo FT progression was entirely different than the language here:

(b.) No employee shall be required to complete a full-time progression
more than one (1) time even if he or she transfers between
full-time jobs except as set forth in this paragraph. The sole
exception
is when an employee is awarded a package car or feeder
driver job and has not previously held a full-time job which includes
driving duties. In such event, the employee will have a break-in rate
equal to the employee’s current wage rate until six (6) months from
the date the employee entered the job. The employee will then go to
the prevailing top rate. A part-time air driver who has completed the
Article 40 progression, bids a full-time inside job and then a driver
job within two (2) years shall have the same break-in period.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
This isn't a question directly for me but I need an answer one of my friends went full time but he had to start off at 16...and stay there when he was already at top pay for a year a so... I know when your a TCD you keep your pay rate when you go full time is it any reason why air driving may be different

Sent using BrownCafe App
Your friend as a PT air driver to FT, will do a four-year wage progression as a full-timer. Article 40 (air) and 41 are different. As a TCD here, which is seasonal only, you don't keep your pay rate to my knowledge.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Your red circled wage is based off of your classification at the time. If you're a pter that does air and TCD you'll start at your TCD rate. Article 40 air is kind of wonky and has it's own rules. If he was air classified he still should be red circled at his air wage. I don't know what happened. If he did any utility driving whatsoever he should start at TCD. Something seems fishy.

HereWeGoAgain

I was a 22.3 air driver for about 4 years they were so desperate for drivers at the time I was running a route everyday for about 6-8 months all hours at full time driver top rate. Then one day I got a call, we need you to go back to the preload tonight.. I filed, was back in the building for two weeks got a nice backpay check and went straight to top rate. Chan Ching :)

Ouch

ote="brown_trousers, post: 1352906, member: 29972"]Ive never heard of a 156 report rule. Where can i find more info on this?[/quote]
Its been a while so I will have to get my contract book out. If you as a part timer have 156 reports as a driver your holiday, option days, and vacation days will be paid at the driver rate. Look in your book under vacations. In order to receive your full vacations you much achieve 156 reports.

brown_trousers

ote="brown_trousers, post: 1352906, member: 29972"]Ive never heard of a 156 report rule. Where can i find more info on this?
Its been a while so I will have to get my contract book out. If you as a part timer have 156 reports as a driver your holiday, option days, and vacation days will be paid at the driver rate. Look in your book under vacations. In order to receive your full vacations you much achieve 156 reports.[/quote]

I looked at the NMA. It looks like it might only be for "utility" drivers. Not sure if that includes air drivers

Ouch

I'm sorry I misread or misunderstood the question. I thought the question was about cover driving. I apologize.