Air Driving - DR - Sig Req - DFU?

NewUPSguy

Stressing a little bit about my situation. I've been driving for about 4 months, doing Airs a few days a week and on Saturdays. Everythings been great so far, but may have messed up...

Last Sat. I delivered a package and DR'd it. Almost a week later now, apparently it wasnt suppose to be DR'd, needed a Sig, and may have been left at the wrong door, but definitely the right address and is missing or not found yet...

The place was in a residential area, but ended up being a medical detox facility business. The package was medication in a brown box (had no idea what it was), nor that the place wasnt a residential community.

When I scanned the packaged it did not show up Sig Req, so I DR'd the package and left at what I believed to be the front. The place is gated, seemed secure.

Hoping that it's found and all is good when I go in tomorrow for Sat Airs, but if it's not, they wanted me to do a DFU on Sat. I've never done one, do I just go and look for the package? Do I enter anything in the diad? If yes, how?

Best case: It was found
Worst case: Lost/stolen and....??

T

Turdferguson

They should give you a dr follow up paper with the needed info scan bar code on dr follow up paper or enter the tracking # by hand . Press package info soft key on diad select drive follow up on screen. ask someone if they got the pkg enter info as found pkg, not recv'd , or not in. whatever their ansewer is . Have them sign the paper as recv'd ,or not if you make contact. As a word of advice in future don't leave stuff at a gate

Sent using BrownCafe App

NewUPSguy

If it didn't prompt you for a signature then don't worry about.
Yea, it definitely didnt ask for a Sig, or I wouldnt have DR'd

They should give you a dr follow up paper with the needed info scan bar code on dr follow up paper or enter the tracking # by hand . Press package info soft key on diad select drive follow up on screen. ask someone if they got the pkg enter info as found pkg, not recv'd , or not in. whatever their ansewer is . Have them sign the paper as recv'd ,or not if you make contact. As a word of advice in future don't leave stuff at a gate

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ahh thanks, thanks for the Diad info, I'll bring that with me tomorrow. Hopefully it was found and taken care of tho.
I left the package at the front door inside the gate, or what I believed was the front door. There were no signs, no name of the place, or anything, which is why I thought it was residential, all homes surrounding the place.

UPSjedi41

They are saying it needed a signature because it was supposed to go to a business. All of our driver follow ups have the gps map with the scans on it showing exactly where you left it.

YellowSox

Stressing a little bit about my situation. I've been driving for about 4 months, doing Airs a few days a week and on Saturdays. Everythings been great so far, but may have messed up...

Last Sat. I delivered a package and DR'd it. Almost a week later now, apparently it wasnt suppose to be DR'd, needed a Sig, and may have been left at the wrong door, but definitely the right address and is missing or not found yet...

The place was in a residential area, but ended up being a medical detox facility business. The package was medication in a brown box (had no idea what it was), nor that the place wasnt a residential community.

When I scanned the packaged it did not show up Sig Req, so I DR'd the package and left at what I believed to be the front. The place is gated, seemed secure.

Hoping that it's found and all is good when I go in tomorrow for Sat Airs, but if it's not, they wanted me to do a DFU on Sat. I've never done one, do I just go and look for the package? Do I enter anything in the diad? If yes, how?

Best case: It was found
Worst case: Lost/stolen and....??
Nothing you can do about it, it's not your fault, because the diad should be prompting you requesting for a signature if that's the case, I've had times where the office would leave me a high value sheet requesting a package gets a signature without the diad telling me though. Sometimes that can be bothersome to remember if you forget.

oldngray

nowhere special
The only problem would be if he DR'ed a business stop. If it was a business run out of a house with no separate business entrance then it would still be residential but if it was an ordinary business then no DR by methods regardless of whether the DIAD prompts you for a signature.

NewUPSguy

The only problem would be if he DR'ed a business stop. If it was a business run out of a house with no separate business entrance then it would still be residential but if it was an ordinary business then no DR by methods regardless of whether the DIAD prompts you for a signature.

Yea, It is a business, detox facility. Did the followup today, package is gone, atleast it was only vitamins. The problem is, how was I suppose to know that it is a business? It was in a residential neighborhood with homes all around. There is no business sign, or any other indications anywhere. No one would know what the place was without being told.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown

Sent using BrownCafe App
He's a part time air driver. DFU won't be given to him--it would go to whatever full time driver is dispatched closed to that address the day the DFU was set up.