Air Driving seniority

3 years ago I started air driving bypassing several other preloaders because of their driving records. They put a Saturday air driving list last month and now these guys qualify. I have been informed that now these guys are bumping me due to building seniority. We have always went on driving date but now they want to go on building hire date. Any suggestions or thoughts are appreciated. Sucks because I am at top rate now.

brown_trousers

Inside building seniority and saturday air seniority should be seperate seniority lists, unless your local has some weird seniority rules.

consult your shop steward or bus agent!

daduv7

3 years ago I started air driving bypassing several other preloaders because of their driving records. They put a Saturday air driving list last month and now these guys qualify. I have been informed that now these guys are bumping me due to building seniority. We have always went on driving date but now they want to go on building hire date. Any suggestions or thoughts are appreciated. Sucks because I am at top rate now.
I suggest you file a grievance. That way you can find out how they are interpreting the contract in this case.

They are saying because Saturday air is part-time it still goes on building seniority. Only the FT driving jobs go by driving qualifying date.

UPSGUY72

Cover, casual and air drivers should all be by building seniority, if applicable. FT drivers are ranked based on their seniority date.

Cover Driver in my area are FT drivers they just don't have a specific route they have FT seniority when ever they started driving like and other driver.

Casual are off the street seasonal hires they don't a seniority date they are temps.

Pt air drivers work off of pt seniority which would be building seniority. Ft Air driver or any other 22.3 are on the FT driver seniority list....

We also have Ft pre-load they are on the FT seniority list also....

Off course this might differ by your area.....

It goes by building seniority in my area, couple years ago I was top air and seasonal. 3 new air drives came on after a seasonal drive and bumped me completely out as they had higher building seniority