Air Driving?

DainGrant

Ive been a preloader for 2yrs now im stuck between choosing an air driver or management position but I wanna hear from the vets on this forum which one u think is better air driving or managment

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What are your reasons for doing more? Are you planning on making this a career? Part time management full time? Sat air or everyday air? We need more info.

brownrod

The only good reason to join the dark side and go management is resume building.

I agree. If you want a long career with UPS then stay hourly and go air driving. If UPS is just one stop in the journey of your career then PT management might be great experience for you!

slaveofbigbrown

being a air driver is a huge building block to a friend/t driver. u learn how to drive. reading a map book, learning different areas and most importantly learning the diad. in my eyes the biggest part of the job is the diad. i preloaded for 5 yrs and drove air for a yr. when i finally went package everything was pretty easy.

UPSGUY72

No im not stuck I just want to get out of preload its getting to me now. I want in in full time air driving

Is there a FT Air job open for bid or is there a Sat air job for PT that needs to be filled.. I would think that the FT air job will be taken by someone that has a lot more seniority then you at in my area that is the case. The Sat Air job is just that only Sat and you work PT the rest of the time on the shift you on now..

menotyou

bella amicizia
air drivers have the easiest jobs ever, and if you want to be FT eventually it's an excellent stepping stone
The fluffenutter that has my old job is whining that he doesn't like the hours, anymore. Are you friend*&$@!!g kidding me???????????????????? Whine ass.

iruhnman630

Also, under the current contract when/if you do decide to go full-time driving from a part-time stand alone air driving position, you will be red-lettered in at your current air driver pay rate instead of dropping down to starting rate.

iruhnman630

The fluffenutter that has my old job is whining that he doesn't like the hours, anymore. Are you friend*&$@!!g kidding me???????????????????? Whine ass.
'Fluffey' is nuts. I would love to go back to the days of earning most of my paycheck before 2 pm.

Minneapolis

air drivers have the easiest jobs ever, and if you want to be FT eventually it's an excellent stepping stone

I have a question.

How is being an air driver a stepping stone to going FT? Isn't going FT biased solely on your seniority regardless of the job you're currently doing?