Air exception driver

bdl3inbrown

Ok so have been with ups for over 3 years my first year I started out as a preloader and I have been an air exception driver for the past 2 years. I have been covering a pm air route for the last year and a half because the driver has been on military leave. Now he is coming back and my supervisor said I would go back to preload. But I am at top pay already at $26.14 an hour for air driver. My preload pay is only 13.70. So my question is what happens to me I cannot survive off 13.70 on the preload and take care of my family. I have heard that if I go back to preload I will still get payed my top pay. And I have also heard that once you are on a route for 30 consecutive days then that becomes yours. I really appreciate any suggestions or help.

9.5er

In my experience as a temp driver years ago I only got driver pay when I was driving. When I got bumped back to reload I got my reload pay. Sucks but that is the was it is. UPS doesn't care if you can "survive" on your lower pay or not.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ok so have been with ups for over 3 years my first year I started out as a preloader and I have been an air exception driver for the past 2 years. I have been covering a pm air route for the last year and a half because the driver has been on military leave. Now he is coming back and my supervisor said I would go back to preload. But I am at top pay already at $26.14 an hour for air driver. My preload pay is only 13.70. So my question is what happens to me I cannot survive off 13.70 on the preload and take care of my family. I have heard that if I go back to preload I will still get payed my top pay. And I have also heard that once you are on a route for 30 consecutive days then that becomes yours. I really appreciate any suggestions or help.
Your air driver pay is for driving...not for preload. You'll be paid 13.70 for working preload.

CHALLY9TX

Also doing a route for 30 days doesn't mean it becomes yours.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
it's only your route if it goes up for bid, you sign it and win it... I did one route for 14 months as a cut driver while guy was out from wrist surgery... he came back, I got thrown into the deep end of the pool so fast my head spun...

The driver on military leave is also protected under USERRA laws. Unless he left service with a Dishonorable or Bad Conduct Discharge. Then he loses all protection under USERRA.

ral~rookie'14

The driver on military leave is also protected under USERRA laws. Unless he left service with a Dishonorable or Bad Conduct Discharge. Then he loses all protection under USERRA.

****As was said or doesn't report back in the allotted time period one year gets you 90 days off !

My experience was I couldn't wait to get back to work and get back into a peace time routine. My co workers tried to say that I had to take all my vacations first. Didn't fly.

Overpaid Union Thug

As a part timer you only get driver's pay for all hours on road. If you work as an air driver in ANY air driver classification you will be paid that top rate. If you go full-time as a driver but not qualified first you will start at that rate too.