Air Meets?

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
So after meeting a driver tonight and giving him my airs he told me they had 5 more guys lined up for him to meet. When I got home it got me thinking how much time does your center waste doing air meets at night to get them back in time for the air trailer. I myself have lost an easy hour doing air meets. Just wondering if this is even on the UPS radar.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Meets in general are inefficient for the most part. I was sent to take 5 stops off someone the other day...5...the driver could have delivered the stops in the same time it took for the meet.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
So after meeting a driver tonight and giving him my airs he told me they had 5 more guys lined up for him to meet. When I got home it got me thinking how much time does your center waste doing air meets at night to get them back in time for the air trailer. I myself have lost an easy hour doing air meets. Just wondering if this is even on the UPS radar.

Sure it's on the radar. Looked at your ORION lately? Common sense no longer applies here. This weeks metric is what's important. We don't look at the tip of our nose anymore. We have to satisfy one guy whose trying hard to satisfy another guy, whose counting on you to make sure his idea is working.

Think it will get better when they're paying you damn near $37 an hour? Lulz... It's only begun to get funny .

Things you couldn't fathom happening 10 years ago happen everyday. Things you couldn't fathom happening a year ago happen everyday but Wednesday now.

At what point do the Teamsters and Atlanta agree: We've beaten this horse for all it's worth. Can us FT hourlies agree we're making enough money? Can we pay it forward to our part time brothers and sisters? Can we find a way back to when our Sunday afternoons aren't overshadowed by a sense of dread of what the next day holds?

I don't think we can. I think the road from here is dark at best. I'll vote NO on this contract, hoping my whisper will be heard.

A poster here (name escapes me) had a signature that read: I love my job, I hate what they do to it. That rings more true for me everyday.

bumped

Unless its a Saturday Air why do you need to have your air in on a Friday. They don't care what time it gets in on a Friday here as it will just go out with the saturday air pickups. Management will let us die on a Friday.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Unless its a Saturday Air why do you need to have your air in on a Friday. They don't care what time it gets in on a Friday here as it will just go out with the saturday air pickups. Management will let us die on a Friday.

This may be the case in larger centers but in a small center such as mine the air goes out on Friday. Any NDA pickups made on Saturday are shuttled to Syracuse to ensure they make service on Monday.

Meet points are where a cell phone comes in really handy. You can call the meet driver, find out how long before they will be in your area and continue delivering until that time. Better yet, establish a drop point (UPS Store?) to dump your air so that you don't have to waste time waiting for the meet driver and he/she can pick them up at their convenience.

stink219

Our "over allowed" was so high that they tried cutting air meets. This lasted about a week because in order to do that, stops per car could not be met. The problem has always been a snow ball effect. They are chasing a number on a screen, but behind that number is a real world.

Re-Raise

Our "over allowed" was so high that they tried cutting air meets. This lasted about a week because in order to do that, stops per car could not be met. The problem has always been a snow ball effect. They are chasing a number on a screen, but behind that number is a real world.

Let me answer for Sober... Anything you do to get off of one report , will cause you to appear on another report. And don't forget to order more printer ink.