Air Savers

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Northshoredriver, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Northshoredriver

Northshoredriver New Member

Yesterday at 2:40 the commits came up. So i cut my lunch and went to deliver my saver for this business and i had to come back to make my pickups at 3:00. I had three pkgs for a country club i set them down and started scanning them i noticed one was a saver. It was 7:00 so it was late what can i do if this happens again and how can i explain on monday if this is asked why was this late. The area i was in wasn't even my area first off.

2. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

3. rod

rod retired and happy

4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

While this will work it may backfire when the shipper questions the additional charge on their bill.

5. Northshoredriver

Thanks for the input. I actually had to sheet my last 3 stops missed b/c they were closed. I did void out the pkg but never resheeted it. I just found out they cut a route at 815 so thats why i had the stuff

6. Northshoredriver

Thats what is was a pkg for a person who worked at the country club not the club itself

7. UpstateNYUPSer

The stops that you sheeted as missed should have been sheeted as closed. Packages sheeted as closed between noon and 1 and after 5 will show up as missed anyway. Also, you voided the late saver so it wouldn't show as late but didn't resheet it? So now you have a missed scan which, when tracked, will show up as a void.

8. rod

rod retired and happy

Times sure have changed------I always sheeted closed stops as --------------------------------drumroll please---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------closed.

9. Northshoredriver

it was after 5

10. Northshoredriver

so i prob dug myself a deeper hole

11. UpstateNYUPSer

...then you should have sheeted it as closed.

12. Northshoredriver

i got yelled at for doing that before

13. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Around here we are instructed to sheet as missed any business that is closed if the attempt is made after 1700.

14. rod

rod retired and happy

Don't worry about it-----------they ain't happy unless they are yelling at someone.

15. UpstateNYUPSer

Really? Even though sheeting it as closed will cause it to show up as missed?

16. Northshoredriver

I don't think they show up as missed if sheeted closed

17. UpstateNYUPSer

If pkgs are sheeted as closed between noon and 1 and after 5 they show up as missed.

What happened with the voided NDA SVR?

18. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Yeah, don't ask me why but that's the way they want it done. If you sheet a closed business as closed instead of missed after 1700 you'll get your little paw slapped the next morning.
    And yes it does show up as missed either way.

19. 40 and out

40 and out Active Member

where i am sheet a package closed between 12-1 or after 5 ,called in office to have job threatened next day. Don't even get me started on other other.

20. UpstateNYUPSer

Yeah, you don't want to go anywhere near "other, other".