Air Savers

Northshoredriver

Yesterday at 2:40 the commits came up. So i cut my lunch and went to deliver my saver for this business and i had to come back to make my pickups at 3:00. I had three pkgs for a country club i set them down and started scanning them i noticed one was a saver. It was 7:00 so it was late what can i do if this happens again and how can i explain on monday if this is asked why was this late. The area i was in wasn't even my area first off.

UPSGUY72

Yesterday at 2:40 the commits came up. So i cut my lunch and went to deliver my saver for this business and i had to come back to make my pickups at 3:00. I had three pkgs for a country club i set them down and started scanning them i noticed one was a saver. It was 7:00 so it was late what can i do if this happens again and how can i explain on monday if this is asked why was this late. The area i was in wasn't even my area first off.[/QUOTe

I wouldn't worry about it. Next time it happens a you get the sign hit 1 for residential and it won't come up late or just don't worry about it. If you sheet and hit 8 than void it out and re-sheet it and hit 1.

If they weren't stuck on stops per car crap this wouldn't have happen. But the dispatch person only cares about stops per car not the type of delivery.

I have it happen with business being closed after 5 on add cuts with package addressed to a person not business and in an area I don't know. There bad not mine.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wouldn't worry about it. Next time it happens a you get the sign hit 1 for residential and it won't come up late or just don't worry about it. If you sheet and hit 8 than void it out and re-sheet it and hit 1.

While this will work it may backfire when the shipper questions the additional charge on their bill.

Northshoredriver

Thanks for the input. I actually had to sheet my last 3 stops missed b/c they were closed. I did void out the pkg but never resheeted it. I just found out they cut a route at 815 so thats why i had the stuff

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks for the input. I actually had to sheet my last 3 stops missed b/c they were closed. I did void out the pkg but never resheeted it. I just found out they cut a route at 815 so thats why i had the stuff

The stops that you sheeted as missed should have been sheeted as closed. Packages sheeted as closed between noon and 1 and after 5 will show up as missed anyway. Also, you voided the late saver so it wouldn't show as late but didn't resheet it? So now you have a missed scan which, when tracked, will show up as a void.

rod

Retired 22 years

Times sure have changed------I always sheeted closed stops as --------------------------------drumroll please---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------closed.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Really? Even though sheeting it as closed will cause it to show up as missed?

Yeah, don't ask me why but that's the way they want it done. If you sheet a closed business as closed instead of missed after 1700 you'll get your little paw slapped the next morning.
And yes it does show up as missed either way.

40 and out

where i am sheet a package closed between 12-1 or after 5 ,called in office to have job threatened next day. Don't even get me started on other other.