Air Savers

Northshoredriver

I know i shoulda hit 1 for the saver. But my point is didn't even have enough time to get it off. I Just don't know if it will show up and i've had alot of bad things happen to me. And im trying to keep my name clear

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well, falsely sheeting a commercial as a residential and then voiding it and not resheeting it is not going to help your hopes to "stay off the radar".

It will show as a missed scan and when they track it they will see that you sheeted and then voided it.

Always best to sheet accurately and deal with the consequences than to falsify and try to cover it up.

UPSGUY72

Yeah, don't ask me why but that's the way they want it done. If you sheet a closed business as closed instead of missed after 1700 you'll get your little paw slapped the next morning.
And yes it does show up as missed either way.

exactly. The problem is you show up on 2 list instead of 1 if you sheet it as closed. I also believe that the difference could have to do with giving shipping refunds.

upsgrunt

When you sheet non-delivery, other, other; what does that show up on the report as that they get all bent out of shape about?

Yesterday at 2:40 the commits came up. So i cut my lunch and went to deliver my saver for this business and i had to come back to make my pickups at 3:00. I had three pkgs for a country club i set them down and started scanning them i noticed one was a saver. It was 7:00 so it was late what can i do if this happens again and how can i explain on monday if this is asked why was this late. The area i was in wasn't even my area first off.
In the future I would call it in right away and face the music right away.

old levi's

blank space
Why is it an option then?
If we are not to use it, don't put it in the board.
We can't use CLO HOL at our center, ever. For a long time could not record a bus. at any time of the day as CLO 1/ had to be NI1.
I work as directed.

After all: It's their game
They make up the rules
They sometimes cheat

If you question why anymore 1 of 2 things will happen: Slow and painful death / Insanity
Work as directed and cash the check
You're only a dumb truck driver

Not IN Trace

Northshore...Im going to give you some actual good advise unlike upstate or the other know-it-alls....

In the morning verify all you NDA packages are in your 1000 section...if one is missing notify your stupidvisor..if its misloaded on or off your car its on the preload..not you.

At 2:45 stop your route ans look through your entire load you left for any packages that dont bolong on your truck or were not put in your edd because the dispatch guy is too stupid to remember to move the info into your DIAD..and NDA, SAVERS, Or grounds you find not in your edd you find call or text your sup and ask him what he wants you to do with them.

no matter what anything you find sheat up corectly..if its late or missed it there fault, not yours.

Northshoredriver

Thanks..I really do not remeber seeing that come up when i message came up at 245. I got the one off that i knew was a business and the other ones i am positive were all residenital. and the one that was late im sure did not come up come as a saver

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
always, always always sheet correctly. If it is a bussiness and it's late because you didn't know it was a bussiness, shett it as such and let your center team know immediately. Never use closed between 12-1 or after 5, sheet as missed and be in front of the address when you do, unless it's a missload' in which case you should have notified your center team and allowed them to make the decision as to how to sheet. I will tell you from experience it is better for you to be honest and face the music then it will be for you to try to cover anything up.

P.S. Never listen to Upstateny!!

kingOFchester

I always communicate EVERYTHING thru diad. Cant't find air in the AM, EVEN b4 LEAVING THE BUILDING, I let my Sup know and send message with DIAD. On a split that I do not know, and come to find out the last section in EDD has a business SAVER, I send message with DIAD. I am at a stop, can't find a package, message thru DIAD. New area and can't find a stop, message with DIAD. I have been called into the office several times due to a late saver, or a business after 5, and all I have to say is "I explained that with a message I sent to the center". Most of the time that is the end of the "meeting,

Don't lie, do the best job you can, and communicate any issues as they happen.

kingOFchester

We can't use CLO HOL at our center, ever. For a long time could not record a bus. at any time of the day as CLO 1/ had to be NI1.
I work as directed.

After all: It's their game
They make up the rules
They sometimes cheat

If you question why anymore 1 of 2 things will happen: Slow and painful death / Insanity
Work as directed and cash the check
You're only a dumb truck driver

I too have been instructed to do things that do not add up to be kosher. I will work as directed, but I confirm the direction with DIAD message. Leaves a paper trail. Example:

Got message to call center.
I call center and was instructed to sign for a non DR package and leave package in screen door at the request of customer.
I tell center sounds good, just send the instructions thru DIAD.
Several minutes later green light comes on, message states "never mind, bring package to offfice for will call".