Air shuttle pay question

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by okupser, May 10, 2013.

1. okupser

okupser New Member

Im new here and have a question for you gurus. Here's the story- I am a part time employee(international clerk/temorary coverage driver). In my center we have one full time driver that delivers saturday air and i have covered for him several times in the last year and i was paid the $12.50 an hour air rate. Here's my question-I am starting a new position next week and it's a brand new part time air shuttle to the airport. I am wondering if my air pay progression will start next week when I begin this job or did my air rate progression start almost a year ago the first time that I covered Saturday air delivery? Hope somebody can help me out. Thanks in advance!!

2. opie

opie Member

Your air rate started when you started doing Saturday air. Question is, why is a full time driver delivering on Saturdays? Unless he is a 22.3 Tuesday to Saturday driver.

3. I agree with Opie. Your progression should have started the first Saturday you delivered air. Good luck on that new position. That was the last P/T job I held before going F/T driving. It's a great job.