Air Walker

I just got hired as an Air Walker and was wondering if there were any others of my kind in the building to give me some advice. I've looked all over the internet for our job description but it looks like Air Walkers aren't very common.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I just got hired as an Air Walker and was wondering if there were any others of my kind in the building to give me some advice. I've looked all over the internet for our job description but it looks like Air Walkers aren't very common.

Get some decent shoes...

Seriously, don't know anything about them but congrats and good luck out there!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
What's an Air Walker? I'm a driver.

In all seriousness, it's probably a very small route like a mall or larger building that just loads a hand cart and walks off all the stops to make service.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Air Walker is exactly what the term implies. You are dropped off in front of a skyscraper and spend the day going up and down the elevator, making deliveries. You may be asked to make pickups in that building. You don't drive.

Z

ZQXC

Never heard of an air walker.

I can imagine you in shorts rocking some brown high top Chucks with a iPod playing "Walking on Sunshine".

407 couldn't be here today, so I will ask, "Are you hot?" :happy2:

In my 15 years on this board I've never seen an air walker join in until now.
Really? My sup told me UPS only has one other Air Service Center and that's in NYC I believe. And we don't get dropped off or meet up with package car drivers. We have our own small center located downtown with about 4 other male Air Walkers. I'm the only female, along with my cool ass sup (Lucky me for having a cool ass sup because I've heard horror stories about management. Guess that's just in the hub). Anyway, all the guys look young, including myself. Just turned 22. I guess they choose the youngins for this type of job since we walk around in all types of weather delivering packages for 3-4 hours. I originally applied for a PH position, went to the interview, to orientation, bought boots, the whole nine. Then the HR manager called and offered me this Air Walker job. I said hell yea I'll take it. And here we are...
Honestly, I think HR just liked the way I looked and behaved in my interview. I had a smile plastered on my face and kept eye contact the entire time. I made her laugh too (Jackpot). She probably decided then and there that I'd be a good match for dealing with the public. After all, customer service skills are a must since I'm out and about. I was a waitress for 4 years before coming here so I'm used to dealing with people and being overly friendly and kind.

Sent using BrownCafe App