AirAsia Flight QZ8501 Goes Missing

ManInBrown

Weird. There were a few sporadic reports on Twitter last night that wreckage had been spotted off Belitung Island. Those reports have now been deemed false. I hate to say it,but I was hoping wreckage had been found. Because if they don't find this plane, something VERY VERY strange is going on, on that side of the world.

UPS4Life

I was watching cnn last night and this was being discussed. From what I gathered before they lost contact the plane requested to go up to 37,000 ft from 30,000 to try and get out of the storm. They said the storms over there this time can go as high as 60,000 ft into the stratosphere. Scary deal hopefully they find this plane.

Sent using BrownCafe App

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Any good pilot knows you don't fly over supercells. You fly around them. I really hope they weren't glued to their weather radar and tried to shoot the gap. That's a huge no no.

clean hairy

Can't figure it out.
In the 60's and 70's, a plane would go missing and wreckage would be found.
With todays tracking technology, a plane goes missing, and there is no clue where it is or might be?
Something not right here.

oldngray

nowhere special
Can't figure it out.
With todays tracking technology, a plane goes missing, and there is no clue where it is or might be?

Maybe its more that there are planes flying to many more places away from civilization and many of those 3rd world airlines have poor maintenance and safety records - meaning it is more likely one of their planes will be in a crash.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Just dropped my daughter off at the airport. She is traveling to New Zealand & Australia for the next 3 1/2 weeks. This thread leaves a sick feeling in my gut!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Can't figure it out.

The old saying: The more technology, the more it dumbs you down

We become so adhered to computerized technology that when something happens to it, you are left useless.
Solar storms, GPS, Satellites, Cell towers, Power outages, when it happens or fails, you become useless.

We had an October snowstorm here 4 years ago. With the trees still full of leaves, it caused a dramatic power outage.
No Cell towers/ No service, Water pumps were running on generators, Powerless Gas Stations couldn't pump gas, It makes you think.