Alcohol Consumption by UPS Employees

How much alcohol/beer do you consume on a daily basis?

• 0-2 beers or drinks

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • 2-4 beers or drinks

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • 4-6 beers or drinks

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 6-8 beers or drinks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 or more beers or drinks

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A common theme in many of the threads that I read is the consumption of alcohol by UPS employees, both hourly and management. I am curious as to your views on this subject. The poll will be set up to where the votes will not be made public in an effort to get honest replies.

Personally I will buy a 6 pack on a Saturday and will finish the last one the following Friday. I enjoy an ice cold beer in a frosted mug w/dinner during the work week.

I can't recall the last time I had a mixed drink.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a driver (since retired) who would stop at the store every night on his way home for a 40. We also have several who have a cooler in the back of their pickups fully stocked and iced for an after work cold one.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1466004735.689367.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
Never trust anyone who don't stop after work on occasion for a cold one. I'm not talking every night but on occasion. I used to stop probably 3 or 4 nighst a week (the bar was almost next door to UPS) but it truly was for one or two. I always had stuff to do at home. The wife would meet me on Fridays and then we would kick up our heels. Usually ended up leaving one car in town for the night.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
My previous career I used to work in NYC and would have 2 tall boys on the train home and a few after that. Would also go out on Thursdays and throw a bunch back. Working this job I try and not drink during the week as the older I get the harder it is to recover( I do throw some back on the weekend). This job is hard enough, certainly do not want to be doing it with a hangover

Future

Victory Ride
Don't drink at all during the week....Friday night I am good for a few .....but end up falling asleep early lol.......Saturday is open season on beer if I have nothing going on

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I MIGHT have one in the shower during the week a couple times a week...I will sometimes drink Friday nights but usually after a hot shower and a beer and a 60 hour week I just wanna lay in bed naked and watch lockup...Saturday is go time...

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver
Never trust anyone who don't stop after work on occasion for a cold one. I'm not talking every night but on occasion. I used to stop probably 3 or 4 nighst a week (the bar was almost next door to UPS) but it truly was for one or two. I always had stuff to do at home. The wife would meet me on Fridays and then we would kick up our heels. Usually ended up leaving one car in town for the night.
I stop every night at the store convienantly right next door to the gates of hell ups