Alcohol Consumption by UPS Employees

Discussion in 'Brown Cafe Polls' started by UpstateNYUPSer, Jun 15, 2016.

?

How much alcohol/beer do you consume on a daily basis?

Poll closed Jun 22, 2016.
  1. 0-2 beers or drinks

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. 2-4 beers or drinks

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. 4-6 beers or drinks

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. 6-8 beers or drinks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 8 or more beers or drinks

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

A common theme in many of the threads that I read is the consumption of alcohol by UPS employees, both hourly and management. I am curious as to your views on this subject. The poll will be set up to where the votes will not be made public in an effort to get honest replies.

Personally I will buy a 6 pack on a Saturday and will finish the last one the following Friday. I enjoy an ice cold beer in a frosted mug w/dinner during the work week.

I can't recall the last time I had a mixed drink.

2. More in the weekend ,less in a workday . And too many on vacation.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

We had a driver (since retired) who would stop at the store every night on his way home for a 40. We also have several who have a cooler in the back of their pickups fully stocked and iced for an after work cold one.

4. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

I only drink while out to dinner...if I could,I would rather smoke weed than drink any day.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Lots and lots.

6. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1466004735.689367.jpg

7. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Hard poll to answer, as I don't drink any during the week. Weekends I would guess maybe 4 or 5.

8. rod

rod retired and happy

Never trust anyone who don't stop after work on occasion for a cold one. I'm not talking every night but on occasion. I used to stop probably 3 or 4 nighst a week (the bar was almost next door to UPS) but it truly was for one or two. I always had stuff to do at home. The wife would meet me on Fridays and then we would kick up our heels. Usually ended up leaving one car in town for the night.

9. rod

rod retired and happy

I would have to answer the poll different now as compared to a few years ago.

10. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

My previous career I used to work in NYC and would have 2 tall boys on the train home and a few after that. Would also go out on Thursdays and throw a bunch back. Working this job I try and not drink during the week as the older I get the harder it is to recover( I do throw some back on the weekend). This job is hard enough, certainly do not want to be doing it with a hangover

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

The poll was intended for active employees only.

12. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Don't drink at all during the week....Friday night I am good for a few .....but end up falling asleep early lol.......Saturday is open season on beer if I have nothing going on

13. rod

rod retired and happy

I didn't vote in your precious poll dip-:censored2:

14. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Stick is being censored now?

15. rod

rod retired and happy

I should have said dip-:poop:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  16. dookie stain

dookie stain Well-Known Member

I MIGHT have one in the shower during the week a couple times a week...I will sometimes drink Friday nights but usually after a hot shower and a beer and a 60 hour week I just wanna lay in bed naked and watch lockup...Saturday is go time...

17. Wiconi

Wiconi New Member

Yup

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List