All Air Drivers To Be Eliminated?

McGee

The new Center manager wants to have one person just cover pick ups in the PM but so far we are so short he can not staff AM delivery's with out using FT drivers. He also implemented ORION on Saturday so now we leave that much later.
Well look at it this way with ORION: $$$$$$$$

PT Car Washer

I had no idea these were still around.
UPS got rid of those back in the '90s I thought.
Was this in a Local Supplement?
UPS tried but Centers found out they could not make service and stops per car with out Premium Service Providers. And with 8 hour request and 9.5 grievance the role has expanded to PT service provider at top driver rate.

shalang

And when did I state that YOU complained? You may be a little too sensitive friend.
I was referring to your comment that drivers complain about not getting 9.5 relief. If the negotiated language is utilized and still no satisfaction occurs, then complaining is in order. But my experience is the ones doing the most bitching never use the language to file and then of course blame the union for not protecting them.
Thank your friend for his service, but it's a bit hard to believe the PO of L396 would not assist a veteran. Did your friend gain seniority before he was deployed? Somethings not adding up.

My apologies. I know when l admit I am wrong. I saw "you guys". Sorry for that.

However , you also said it sounded "very exagerrating". Why would I or people on the 9-5 list exagerrate? I stated that I have heard them go at it with the onroad supervisors and alsl center managers. We have so much volume that they need them to work the extra hours. Apparently they are paid double (?) every hour after? I dont recall the specifics. The guys I know on the 9-5 list want to be home for their families but it just isn't working.

You are right though. Most of the people that complain do just that, whine and moan without using their rights. There's no one to blame but themselves for taking no action. Case in point. They rehired a new girl as an hourly who was a seasonal management hire for one of the centers. Shes cute. Guess where they put her? In the easiest area (small sort) of the building doing the easiest job (SLAW). She literally jumped over guys with years of seniority that are still busting their backs. However, while they complain to me about it they do jack squat.

My friend was in the reserves. He got hired in 2001. He was already at UPS for a year or so before he went active. His seniority did not carry over. When he came back, he started from the same rate when he left two years prior. Hes tired of going through agent after agent and their promises of "looking into it" yet never getting back to him.

I actually had written a lot more detailing this, several other scandals and what a shop steward told me but I found best to erase it. I dont want anything coming back to me. Sad to say that there are only two shop stewards on my shift that I know will genuinely have my back.

There are a lot of politics and backroom deals that go on behind the scenes for certain individuals but I figure many of you old timers know about this. Anyone working in the hub will see it plain as day.

As I have been told by a long time steward from the 80s, the leadership hasnt been the same since then.

PT Car Washer

My apologies. I know when l admit I am wrong. I saw "you guys". Sorry for that.

However , you also said it sounded "very exagerrating". Why would I or people on the 9-5 list exagerrate? I stated that I have heard them go at it with the onroad supervisors and alsl center managers. We have so much volume that they need them to work the extra hours. Apparently they are paid double (?) every hour after? I dont recall the specifics. The guys I know on the 9-5 list want to be home for their families but it just isn't working.

You are right though. Most of the people that complain do just that, whine and moan without using their rights. There's no one to blame but themselves for taking no action. Case in point. They rehired a new girl as an hourly who was a seasonal management hire for one of the centers. Shes cute. Guess where they put her? In the easiest area (small sort) of the building doing the easiest job (SLAW). She literally jumped over guys with years of seniority that are still busting their backs. However, while they complain to me about it they do jack squat.

My friend was in the reserves. He got hired in 2001. He was already at UPS for a year or so before he went active. His seniority did not carry over. When he came back, he started from the same rate when he left two years prior. Hes tired of going through agent after agent and their promises of "looking into it" yet never getting back to him.

I actually had written a lot more detailing this, several other scandals and what a shop steward told me but I found best to erase it. I dont want anything coming back to me. Sad to say that there are only two shop stewards on my shift that I know will genuinely have my back.

There are a lot of politics and backroom deals that go on behind the scenes for certain individuals but I figure many of you old timers know about this. Anyone working in the hub will see it plain as day.

As I have been told by a long time steward from the 80s, the leadership hasnt been the same since then.
A lot of backroom deals go on in the Hubs. We have what we call "watchers". Take a high seniority PTer and have him or her stand there and just watch while a PT sup does the work. They call it training. When does a 25 year PT employee need to be trained on dumping smalls bags. Or loading a trailer.

shalang

A lot of backroom deals go on in the Hubs. We have what we call "watchers". Take a high seniority PTer and have him or her stand there and just watch while a PT sup does the work. They call it training. When does a 25 year PT employee need to be trained on dumping smalls bags. Or loading a trailer.

Hah. Several of the FT here take naps in the conference rooms/offices or in empty trailers. One guy in particular is supposed to be a car parker but he just walks around the building collecting cans. Its crazy how the union protects these guys.

Sorry for getting off subject.

PT Car Washer

Hah. Several of the FT here take naps in the conference rooms/offices or in empty trailers. One guy in particular is supposed to be a car parker but he just walks around the building collecting cans. Its crazy how the union protects these guys.

Sorry for getting off subject.
We have that same car Parker in my building. At least until security told him he couldn't take anymore cans out of the building. Sup asked him once if he could maybe work a bit more faster. His reply was "if I work faster I won't have anything to do for my 8 hours". Try that one package car drivers.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
You can work 14+ hours in a day, but you can't drive after being on the clock for 14 hours or after being behind the wheel driving for 11 hours.
You can drive over 11 hours. You can not drive or work past 14 a day from punch in to punch out including lunch. And not over 60 hours a week.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
At my hub we have drivers regularly get 59+ hours a week mon-friday. If you start at 9am and take your full hour break you can legally work until 11pm. That's 14hrs punch to punch.
I don't ring doorbells or knock on doors after 9pm. I don't enjoy being yelled at at every other stop that it's too late to be bothering them for THEIR crap THEY ordered. DR after 9.