All AM Folk Will Be Parttime - PM Folk Fulltime

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
A manager let this "diddy" slip, in one of our meetings over a year ago. And yes, now it has come to pass. She said, "The ultimate goal is to make all AMers "part time". It looks like the AM shift will be made up of "part time folk" only; all "full timers", please report to the night shift. Who cares if you have lil bundles of joy, that you pick up from school or that you won't see your spouse during the week ... see you from 1400-2200, 1500-2300 or 1600-2400 hours. Be aware, it's coming to a station/ramp near you. And please remember, the new slogan is "Profit-Service-Peons". Enjoy your holiday and have a good one for me.

Bankrupt

I agree I foresee pt FO/P1, Ft p2/pu in the near future probably after peak. That along with their healthcare plan is the main way the look to reduce the workforce( voluntary resignations) Hopefully before then I personally can find an out.

chargerlou

I see partimer for P1 partimer for sos and partimer for pickup rte. Swing drivers will do extended, only ft employees left will be swing drivers..

fedupped

There are not enough pu's to accomodate all the fulltimers at my station. And too many p1 for the amount of part timers.

!Retired!

When I started in NY, almost every PM route was FT. You could count on 1 hand how many PT PM routes there were. Not sure how it is now though.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
When I started in NY, almost every PM route was FT. You could count on 1 hand how many PT PM routes there were. Not sure how it is now though.

OK, so what do you do about the West Coast? They've been running multiple shifts on the East Coast for a long time.

!Retired!

I see partimer for P1 partimer for sos and partimer for pickup rte. Swing drivers will do extended, only ft employees left will be swing drivers..
Wouldn't make sense financially. Even though they'd be paying less hour-wise, to cover 3 couriers instead of 1 benefits-wise would wipe out that savings.
OK, so what do you do about the West Coast? They've been running multiple shifts on the East Coast for a long time.
I know. My 1st route with FedEx was a FT PUP route. My station now just posted the 1st FT M route I've seen. The posting isn't up anymore, but I believe it's a 1300 start. The only way this can be done is if the oncalls are directed straight to that route instead of the AM courier. All the PM routes currently start at 1500, or later.

Bankrupt

Wouldn't make sense financially. Even though they'd be paying less hour-wise, to cover 3 couriers instead of 1 benefits-wise would wipe out that savings.
I disagree our benefits are basically of no cost to the company of of any value to the employee anymore

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I disagree our benefits are basically of no cost to the company of of any value to the employee anymore

Correct. Many employees are going to opt-out of the new plan, which is exactly what FedEx wants. The remainder won't be able to afford anything but basic preventative care.