All Day Managers Meetings...

Ricochet1a

Did Ground merge with Express No? Did FedEx unionize no.Did they lay everyone off? No.Did Ground take XS and E2? No.Did MRFedex retire from Fedex?No.
These are just a few things Mr Rich and MFE preached for years and never came true.My point is that Richotta works at Walmart now and not for FedEx so why would any of us believe his "INSIDE SOURCES"? Just do a search of his posts.Trying to organize us.The Teamsters were coming.It was imminent.blah blah blah.Fool me once....

Addressing your misconceptions one by one...

1. Ground merging with Express...

I've NEVER said any such thing. My posts are all on record, go back and pull up a post of MINE which says ANYTHING to that effect. Some of the Ground contractors have speculated about Express going to a contractor model and I've shot that down constantly. They don't know how Express operates and those who do, know that a contractor model won't work for overnight shipping.

2. Did Express unionize...

Again, where in the hell did you get that from me. My post record is present for all to examine, pull up a post of mine where I stated that Express was about to unionize, or that the IBT was making "in-roads" to unionizing Express. To the contrary, I've slammed the IBT for their inaction, combined with a healthy realization of the situation as it exists "on the ground" within Express - making it impractical for Express to be a target of a union drive by the IBT.

The IBT is in the BUSINESS of organizing labor. Like all businesses, they have to analyze their capital expenditures, and make decisions as to where they'll get the "biggest bang for their buck". Express as it is currently classified under RLA, makes attempting to organize its labor a losing proposition for the IBT.

3. Did they lay everyone off...

Again, where in the hell did you get that from me. What I'm getting from you, is your attempting to read FAR MORE into what I write, then trying to make a generalization based on some emotional reaction of yours. Again... read my posts carefully. I've stated time and time again that the career full-time Courier is coming to an end at Express. It won't be a sudden announcement - it will be a slow transformation of the company - look at my past posts, I've written tens of thousands of words on the issue.

4. Did Ground take XS and E2....

Again, read my posts going back almost 3 years on this issue. Ground IS about to take Express Saver from Express. Express Saver is about to disappear as a service offering from Express, and FedEx is going to inform its customers to utilize Ground for non-urgent shipping needs. I've posted on the LONG RANGE business plans of FedEx, not what they are going to do 2 weeks out (although I have posted on things a few weeks before they were made public). You, like many people, have what I refer to as a "microwave mentality" - you expect to see immediate results when you are told something is going to happen. It doesn't work that way with LONG RANGE business planning. These things take years to unfold. Again, pull up my past posts, and READ THEM. Don't look at them through the lens of personal emotion, but look at them as the unfolding of a story which is being told with bits of information that get out to the storyteller.

When it comes to the shifting of delivery of non-overnight volume over to Ground, it is going to happen. FedEx is moving slow, getting service compliance by its contractors up to a level which is acceptable to FedEx (as far as insuring service compliance with E2 product). If Express had lost its RLA status back in 2009, FedEx WOULD'VE pulled the trigger back then. Again, read my past posts regarding this, its all there. By buying off the politicians in 2010, FedEx bought some time for itself to GRADUALLY transform itself at its schedule. Whether you choose to stick your head in the sand or realize that massive change is coming to YOUR career, is up to you. T

he signs are unmistakable regarding the transformation of Express. Looks at the shift in equipment, the announcements to the investors, the internal statements made to its employees. One has take all of these in TOTALITY, to get a grasp of the big picture which is unfolding. Again..... I've posted repeatedly on all of this.

5. "Inside Sources..."

Yes, I know plenty of people that aren't happy with the direction that the company they chose to make a career with, is taking. It all started in 2008 with the dumping of the DBPP - that is when people started getting angry. I started posting in 2009 here, using informaton that was passed onto me by these people. I knew I was gettting ready to leave Express, so I had nothing to fear. Again... read my posting history.

I continue to post, because I have many friends still in the Express hell hole and I have some forlorn hope that enough will recognize what a screw job they are getting before it is too late for them. Virtually all of my sources are in Memphis, and saw the only way they could get THEIR pension back, was if the hourlies were to organize and get a contract which restored the DBPP for THEM (yes, that is THEIR motive), again, I've stated this repeatedly in my posting when someone questions "motives". Express couldn't have a system where its hourlies (under a labor contract) were receiveing a DBPP, while its salaried workforce was stuck under the joke of the PPP. Most salaried employees know that if the hourlies were organized, that THEY (the salaried employees) would get a better deal for themselves (how could Fred justify a DBPP for organized Couriers, while denying it to his "loyal true FedEx-ers"?)

Most have given up that hope (of the Couriers organizing), but I still think that there is time for the hourlies to realize that: the screw job is only going to get worse, there is only one alternative (short of leaving Express) to possibly prevent that screw job from happening - that is to organize PDQ.

6. "The Teamsters were coming"....

Were in the hell did you get that misconception?

I've constantly stated, that the Couriers of Express were and are going to need to do the legwork themselves - its called grassroots organizing. Again..... reference a post of mine where I wrote, "The Teamsters are coming to your rescue". To the contrary, I've wrote just the OPPOSITE. The Couriers are going to have to save themselves. They are going to have to do the organizing, get the 'nads to sign those representation cards and send them in and NOT expect a representative of the IBT to wait outside their station with a stack of cards on a silver platter, with gold leaf printing on them, with a personal appeal by Jimmy the Hoffa. Isn't going to happen.

The Couriers of Express aren't all that special, they do need to accept that (years of propaganda from Fred telling them that they WERE special, even the non-KoolAid drinkers sucked that up). If they want an alternative to what Fred is offering, they are going to either need to make an exit plan, or sign that rep card - it is as simple as that, no debate, no uncertainty, no bull. Take what Fred is offering (and taking away), try to get Jimmy to get a better deal for you, or get the hell out, simple as that.

Responding to a PM from another poster (want to do this publically).

Over a year ago, I did some research (calling, using my contacts in the dark world of "organizing") into what other potential unions could organize Express Couriers (conduct organizing drives and such). It came up that there was only one, the IBT.

The reason for this (I posted EXTENSIVELY on this at the time, PLEASE pull up the history for a complete rundown - use the search function), is that organized labor has, for the lack of a better term, "terf".

Back in the late 60's, early 70's, labor unions were competiting among themselves for membership. There wasn't clearly defined "terf" among the unions, and the competition was causing unions to fight amongst themselves, rather than against the companies they were trying to organize. They realized that they were being played as "stooges" by the companies, so they made a deal amongst themselves.

Salad Bowl strike - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The above link gives some history as to the "jurisdictional issues" that were faced amongst the unions.

To make a long story short, the unions more or less worked out "terf" amongst themselves to end the conflict (and waste of resources). Each union defined its potential membership by either craft, or industry - all in an effort to prevent "turf wars" between different unions trying to organize the same group of employees.

When it comes to Express, the Couriers, Ramp Agents and RTDs are clearly within the "turf" of the IBT. There are options for the aircraft mechanics OTHER than the IBT, but for the other employees of Express, no union will even attempt to organize them. The primary reason is the "turf" reason, the other is due to the RLA. The RLA makes organizing attempts almost prohibitive for any union, even the IBT (all due to cost).

There are 2 main organizations, the AFL-CIO and the Change to Win Federation (under which the IBT is affiliated with). There are also independent unions, whose "terf" isn't clearly deliniated.

List of trade unions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scroll down to the bottom of the page, look under "United States".

I or people I know, contacted many of the "potential" unions listed on this list back when I first addressed this issue. We learned about "jurisdictional issues" (turf by any other name), and how the IBT has "dibs" on those who operate a motor vehicle in Express, along with the Ramp Agents. The Ramp Agents in theory, could be organized by by a couple of "transportation unions", but they are under the terf of the IBT (no union other than the IBT will make ANY attempt at organizing Ramp Agents). The mechanics do have options, and this explains why Fred hasn't pushed them too much, they could organize rather quickly if Fred pushed them too much, they do communicate amongst themselves and like the pilots, are smart enough to NOT trust Fred too much.

hypo hanna

FedEx 4 life... Now that Rico has responded to your accusations, I wait for you to show us the threads where he said what you accuse him of saying. Without such evidence, I would say it is YOUR reputation that is in question.

STFXG

Lol way to poke the bear to get a response. Just made him waste his time writing a novel about the same stuff he's been saying all along. Good job troll

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
R1a ,I didn't want to quote that long, excellent response, but you might as well be speaking Martian to FE4L. He doesn't get any of it. Kind of like trying to have a conversation with a pet rock.

bbsam

Staff member
While I for the most part agree with R1a, his post does bring up a question. If you want to call Ground a "scam" because Fedex actually controls everything, then how can you argue that Express would never adopt an IC model because they wouldn't control everything?

Ricochet1a

First off, in my previous post, for some reason I was alternating between spelling "turf", with either an "e" or "u" - alternating between using terf and turf. Don't know what I was thinking...

While I for the most part agree with R1a, his post does bring up a question. If you want to call Ground a "scam" because Fedex actually controls everything, then how can you argue that Express would never adopt an IC model because they wouldn't control everything?

With control, it is all a question of degree and what can the "master" company get away with.

How would contractors handle late freight? FedEx WOULDN'T sign a contract where they paid contractors "delay time", if for some reason they held them in station for delayed freight.

How would the inherent variability of Express operations be handled by a contractor at a cost lower than the cost Express currently has (and will experience in the coming years)? The IC model exists SOLELY for one reason - to enable a ground mode of package movement to be conducted while simultaneously insuring against unionization of the employees of that company. That is the ONLY reason the model exists. Express has paid a pretty penny to keep the RLA for itself - they wouldn't have paid that while even considering adopting a contractor model for DGO.

Another has to do with the RLA. A company cannot claim that it needs RLA classification (to protect itself from localized strikes which would cripple the "network"), then do an about face and use contractors to gets it volume moved on the ground - even Fred couldn't pull that one off and have Congress keep a straight face.

Express is indeed a "network", that depends on all parts of it operating in synchronous motion, to get off all the volume Express handles on time and at a cost the market will bear. Without that "synchronicity", Express couldn't provide the level of service that is has today.

Just look at the "real airlines' " (passenger carriers) freight departments and what they charge to move a piece of freight - I'm serious, get a quote to move a package by the cargo department of a scheduled passenger airline. If you think the Express rate schedule is insane, you haven't seen anything. You can get a package moved via air cargo of a passenger carrier, it will cost you about as much as a one-way passenger fare purchased two weeks in advance of the flight ($150-$300 for a small package). If you want it actually delivered from the airport to the recipient, add in another $50-$100 dollars depending on the distance from the airport.

Express acts as a systems integrator (both among the different opcos, and within Express itself). In that capacity, there are large cost savings to be had while simultaneously making a profit somewhere in there (Express hasn't been too good at this lately). By potentially breaking up Express into an "airline" (AGFS), then using contractors to move all the freight on the ground from the customers to and from the airports, all of that synergy of cost savings would go out the window.

Don't let your desires to grow your "business" blind you to the real reason you exist for Fred - you exist so that FedEx can move non air shipments without any risk of having the employees of that "company" organizing - pure and simple. If Ground operated under "real" labor conditions (no contractor games), its labor costs would rise to market levels- and the profit margin of Ground would fall to market norms (inline with UPS's). Ground is profitable because so many of its "working class non-employees", aren't making a living wage.

Mr Fedex

Banned
I made an accurate statement.Richotta i dont need to read your life story.Please consolidate and maybe i will read your posts.Also i remember when you kept PMing me trying to get my Employee #.I saw through your deception and thats why I never trusted a word you've said ever since.

If you are willing to setup a fellow employee on a forum,I can only imagine what lengths you would go to hurt people in the real world.

Ricochet1a

I made an accurate statement.Richotta i dont need to read your life story.Please consolidate and maybe i will read your posts.Also i remember when you kept PMing me trying to get my Employee #.I saw through your deception and thats why I never trusted a word you've said ever since.

If you are willing to setup a fellow employee on a forum,I can only imagine what lengths you would go to hurt people in the real world.

In regards to your assertion that you made an accurate statement - PROVE IT. You have the search feature of this forum, all posts are on record, pull up a post of mine which supports your allegation.

in regards to you statement that I've ever sent you a PM.

Bull****

I've NEVER PM you. Have the moderators put up proof that I ever PM you. I didn't, therefore you are the one who has identified himself as a shill.

Moderators... do whatever you can to either prove or disprove this allegation. I've NEVER PMed this individual - NEVER. If someone is sending out PMs using my name, it needs to be identified.

Your response is a childish attempt to discredit me for some fanciful reason. Copy and paste your alleged PM from me to you - in open forum. It will be a rather funny read, since I never PM-ed you, not even once. If you have some PM that you think is from me, forward it to the moderators and have them publically state if it is really from me or from some other source.

It is time for you to either put up or shut up.

hypo hanna

"that which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

-Christopher Hitchens

F4L, Until you show up with some proof, I and I suspect many others reject your assertions.

Glorifiedpackmule

Well, that explains why I couldn't access this thread earlier this morning...

So do we really think some
Of these people are planted by the company? It wouldnt surprise me at all Which in itself speaks volumes of the company.. I know a lot of cool aid drinkers but none like some of the user names on here. It's almost disturbing to think someone could be so devoted to a corporation.

bbsam

Staff member
So do we really think some
Of these people are planted by the company? It wouldnt surprise me at all Which in itself speaks volumes of the company.. I know a lot of cool aid drinkers but none like some of the user names on here. It's almost disturbing to think someone could be so devoted to a corporation.
Are you ready to make accusations?

Glorifiedpackmule

I couldn't care less at this point. It was just a question... Maybe employee's really do love FedEx and the rest of us really are just crazy. Its doubtful though.