All Day Managers Meetings...

Ricochet1a

Sounds like the kool-aid consumption has a side effect of Stockholm syndrome.

Perhaps we should call it Memphis syndrome?

As with all medical conditions, the "physician" that first chronicles and describes the condition - usually gets to name the conditon.

You've chosen your name, "Memphis Syndrome". Go ahead an put up a detailed description of its causative agent, manifestations, outcome for those afflicted, potential treatments, and morbidity vs. mortality rate.

Manager Wants Buyout

Do you know any specifics about Office? We've heard Senior Center Managers because of inflated pay and they used to supervise several locations and now supervise one location making half of what it used to. Are they considering those types of circumstances?

Ricochet1a

Do you know any specifics about Office? We've heard Senior Center Managers because of inflated pay and they used to supervise several locations and now supervise one location making half of what it used to. Are they considering those types of circumstances?

I've mentioned before, that my sources relating to Office are limited to two individuals - one a VERY informed store manager who obviously has sources of his own, another located "higher up"; neither of which I can really "pump" for information. I take what they tell me, then try to use that to connect with what I know from my Express and Corp. sources, to get a better idea of the big picture.

Given that, both of them have agreed (in separate communications) that Office is getting ready to eliminate a layer of management. Which layer, I'm not certain of.

What they do agree on, is that Office is in a state of limbo right now, waiting for FedEx Corp. to implement what they really want to do with Office. Until Express is further along in its transformation, Office is going to have to wait to undergo its.

The impression I get (from my non-store manager source), is that even the higher ups in Office are uncertain in regards to what FedEx Corp. has planned for them. That is why I used the "ship without a rudder" simile.

Manager Wants Buyout

What is the person in question agrees to a pay adjustment, such as a reduction in pay offset by stock options?
I don't think they would cut a manager's pay and leave them in position as we would likely return the favor. Of course, we would return the favor as we already do for the wonderful treatment we receive. My question was that if your position isn't targeted for a buyout, would they offer it to you if you're over the maximum of the pay range because they keep lowering it? Does anyone have knowledge of this situation? From what I'm told the Dallas corporate office is a skeleton crew. They need HR because the union talk is buzzing the only logical place where they can get real numbers of overpaid people is in the management ranks. They just added 34 new district managers so its no them. Above them is managing director and FedEx said no one at the director level or above gets a buyout.. At this point, I hate this place so bad I'm counting the days and hoping my number is called to get a buyout.

Goldilocks

Funny, this has become all so complicated. Bottom line, from the beginning of FEDERAL EXPRESS, we are a company that Picks up packages and delivers packages. During its growth lots of unnecessary positions were created that made the couriers job hell. These positions have pushed us 'couriers" beyond our limits. Now these unnecessary positions are FIGHTING for their turf. I dont have pity for them, because they have treated " The Courier" like meadow muffins. Cut the Fat and bring this company back to the beginning, The Courier, Pickups and Deliveries! Bottom line.

Goldilocks

I don't think they would cut a manager's pay and leave them in position as we would likely return the favor. Of course, we would return the favor as we already do for the wonderful treatment we receive. My question was that if your position isn't targeted for a buyout, would they offer it to you if you're over the maximum of the pay range because they keep lowering it? Does anyone have knowledge of this situation? From what I'm told the Dallas corporate office is a skeleton crew. They need HR because the union talk is buzzing the only logical place where they can get real numbers of overpaid people is in the management ranks. They just added 34 new district managers so its no them. Above them is managing director and FedEx said no one at the director level or above gets a buyout.. At this point, I hate this place so bad I'm counting the days and hoping my number is called to get a buyout.

I believe you will see lots of movement. With DRA moving in not only will routes be cut but we wont need as many managers in stations.

Manager Wants Buyout

Funny, this has become all so complicated. Bottom line, from the beginning of FEDERAL EXPRESS, we are a company that Picks up packages and delivers packages. During its growth lots of unnecessary positions were created that made the couriers job hell. These positions have pushed us 'couriers" beyond our limits. Now these unnecessary positions are FIGHTING for their turf. I dont have pity for them, because theyhave treated " The Courier" like meadow muffins. Cut the Fand bring this company back to the beginning, The Courier, Pickups and Deliveries! Bottom line.
What's really funny is I should take offense to your minimizing others roles in this company but you are exactly correct. I work at Office as a manager and its downright stupid that we are running copies and binding nonsense. I used to run 6 stores and now I run one. It's a damn shipping company. The billions wasted on this failed venture has truly impaired couriers and others with relevant roles to maintain their employment. I'm over the max. I'm not fighting for my turf. I'm anxiously hoping they wipe out managers over the range.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Funny, this has become all so complicated. Bottom line, from the beginning of FEDERAL EXPRESS, we are a company that Picks up packages and delivers packages. During its growth lots of unnecessary positions were created that made the couriers job hell. These positions have pushed us 'couriers" beyond our limits. Now these unnecessary positions are FIGHTING for their turf. I dont have pity for them, because they have treated " The Courier" like meadow muffins. Cut the Fat and bring this company back to the beginning, The Courier, Pickups and Deliveries! Bottom line.
Exactly right.

Manager Wants Buyout

There are managers making 70-90k and more to run one center and cashier positions making 15-20 an hour scanning packages and ringing up flash drives. FedEx failed to act and has allowed Office to weigh so damn heavily on Express. There is no excuse to let this go on. If the buyout goes by and this is not addressed, it will demonstrate total incompetence by the executives. These are 30-40k manager jobs and minimum wage cashier jobs. For some reason, they refuse to fix the payroll disaster at Office.

Ricochet1a

I thought they treated us more like mushrooms, keep us in the dark and feed us s^&t.

KITD-FOHS

KITD-FOSH.png

It originated as a Vietnam era patch for Special Ops types - I have one from my father (the above is a "modern" remake, the original has the "eyes" not as part of the mushroom stem, but rather "behind it").

Maybe the Couriers ought to adopt it as their unofficial "patch" - it would fit perfectly.
KITD-FOSH.png

bbsam

Staff member
There are managers making 70-90k and more to run one center and cashier positions making 15-20 an hour scanning packages and ringing up flash drives. FedEx failed to act and has allowed Office to weigh so damn heavily on Express. There is no excuse to let this go on. If the buyout goes by and this is not addressed, it will demonstrate total incompetence by the executives. These are 30-40k manager jobs and minimum wage cashier jobs. For some reason, they refuse to fix the payroll disaster at Office.
Soon we will all be Ground.

Ricochet1a

You? Spartacus? LOL! You couldn't even lead a card signing revolt. But since you referenced the movie, do you prefer the sword or crucifixion?

He's a legend in his own mind.

Neither, I'm just an Indian. You chiefs are the ones who get hanged.

Oh yes...

Got to play it safe. He's got his bicycle, can of beans and can opener to protect. Can't risk that, no way in hell.

I can see it now, if the Couriers ever do get the 'nads to eventually organize, Van will be right there....

Van: "I was with you guys all the way! Remember me, way in the back.... I kicked some sand around, stomped my feet and was even daring enough to refuse to shake management's hand. I was REALLY brave!! Now... how much do I get for being a union member after fighting so hard...."

Couriers who ACTUALLY signed cards and got a union certified: "Oh yes, we remember you, way in the back... you were most certainly heroic."

It is better to die just once, than to die a thousand deaths.