All Day Managers Meetings...

bbsam

Staff member
Neither, I'm just an Indian. You chiefs are the ones who get hanged.

No van. Again, I'm not a chief, I'm a mercenary. Have been for 18 years. At first it's a little scary, but not impossible to get used to. Risk it all everyday. Do you knowen wy? Because that's been the rules of my employment for 18 years.

packageguy

They need to sit around and do nothing, How much can you talk about, it's packages put them in the right truck. We will deliver them. It's easy let us do our job........

vantexan

He's a legend in his own mind.

Oh yes...

Got to play it safe. He's got his bicycle, can of beans and can opener to protect. Can't risk that, no way in hell.

I can see it now, if the Couriers ever do get the 'nads to eventually organize, Van will be right there....

Van: "I was with you guys all the way! Remember me, way in the back.... I kicked some sand around, stomped my feet and was even daring enough to refuse to shake management's hand. I was REALLY brave!! Now... how much do I get for being a union member after fighting so hard...."

Couriers who ACTUALLY signed cards and got a union certified: "Oh yes, we remember you, way in the back... you were most certainly heroic."

It is better to die just once, than to die a thousand deaths.

Really? Where is this certified union you speak of? And son, you couldn't do what I could as a courier. I earned every penny ever paid to me and then some. Guys like you expect great pay and benefits for minimal effort, as if you are owed a great living. And I have openly said for many years now that what they are doing is unfair, and have put my name, I.D. location on this forum. Where's your name and location and former I.D. #? I've seen few people over the years openly challenge management and you certainly aren't one. My Spartacus comment was just intended to play off BBSam's comment that we will all be Ground soon. You wouldn't get it because you aren't capable.

You keep telling us to get prepared for what's coming. Your version is to quit and walk off into the sunset where great paying jobs are waiting if we would just get the training. My version is to get my expenses as low as possible because even at 35 hrs a week this is still better than being unemployed. My version is rooted in reality. And just so you know, the transfer is working well. I'm 3/10ths of a mile from work, 1.5 miles from Walmart. I'm delivering in great scenery. There ARE other considerations than great pay but you wouldn't understand because your yardstick of self worth measures the size of your house and the quality of your neighborhood. Not to mention your bank account or your car.

I've made my peace with what has happened with FedEx. They supply my paycheck, you just supply a lot of hot air. I stayed, you left, enough said.

Out of the Dark

Really? Where is this certified union you speak of? And son, you couldn't do what I could as a courier. I earned every penny ever paid to me and then some. Guys like you expect great pay and benefits for minimal effort, as if you are owed a great living. And I have openly said for many years now that what they are doing is unfair, and have put my name, I.D. location on this forum. Where's your name and location and former I.D. #? I've seen few people over the years openly challenge management and you certainly aren't one. My Spartacus comment was just intended to play off BBSam's comment that we will all be Ground soon. You wouldn't get it because you aren't capable.

You keep telling us to get prepared for what's coming. Your version is to quit and walk off into the sunset where great paying jobs are waiting if we would just get the training. My version is to get my expenses as low as possible because even at 35 hrs a week this is still better than being unemployed. My version is rooted in reality. And just so you know, the transfer is working well. I'm 3/10ths of a mile from work, 1.5 miles from Walmart. I'm delivering in great scenery. There ARE other considerations than great pay but you wouldn't understand because your yardstick of self worth measures the size of your house and the quality of your neighborhood. Not to mention your bank account or your car.

I've made my peace with what has happened with FedEx. They supply my paycheck, you just supply a lot of hot air. I stayed, you left, enough said.

I have been here 28 years. I never had any Union Cards handed to me. I have worked in 3 different districts. The last one for 13 years. So I would like to know when I shunned a chance.

Bueller? bueller?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have been here 28 years. I never had any Union Cards handed to me. I have worked in 3 different districts. The last one for 13 years. So I would like to know when I shunned a chance.

Bueller? bueller?

I have been around about the same length of time. Same deal. Never have seen a Teamsters rep anywhere near an Express facility.

Goldilocks

I have been around about the same length of time. Same deal. Never have seen a Teamsters rep anywhere near an Express facility.

Well, your not in my District....They use to stand by the front and as we left in our truck they would be handing out cards....

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
well Goldi, it's probably just a little hard to fathom that the same individual who some time back authored a gushing 'Bravo Zulu' to FS thread, would have ever signed an IBT card when the opportunity was presented. More than likely you ran the other direction like a scalded cat!

Now, I'm not being snarky when I say that. There once was a time back in the day when I would have done the same. But as many of us know, the company we work for now in no way, shape or form resembles the company we were pleased and honored to work for back then.

And that's just a bit sad, isn't it?

El Morado Diablo

BZ??????? Thought that was gone like 5yrs ago! Ya, at least 5yrs. At least the spiff was. AS$HOLES

They still give out BZ's. Why just today, our Senior Mgr gave one to a swing driver for crushing his SPH goals. Coincidentally, this same driver totaled a new van last Monday. BZ indeed!

Goldilocks

well Goldi, it's probably just a little hard to fathom that the same individual who some time back authored a gushing 'Bravo Zulu' to FS thread, would have ever signed an IBT card when the opportunity was presented. More than likely you ran the other direction like a scalded cat!

Now, I'm not being snarky when I say that. There once was a time back in the day when I would have done the same. But as many of us know, the company we work for now in no way, shape or form resembles the company we were pleased and honored to work for back then.

And that's just a bit sad, isn't it?

Just saying that Union has been in our District.