All drivers will work Thursday......

Overpaid Union Thug

We will be using all drives Thursday including TCD's. With the volume we are expecting I don't see why management would allow any drivers off outside of personal or family emergencies.

Sent using BrownCafe App

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I had a FT supervisor text me Christmas eve asking me if I wanted to work a double Thursday morning. I had local HR call me the night before trying to get me to work a Sunrise sort Thursday, as well. I've worked 60 hours/week in the hub since Thanksgiving.

Keep this :censored2: coming. Daddy needs a new pair of Redwings and has student loan payments due; I know that 3.5 hour/day diet is right around the corner.

Jesus was born in October.
Christians stole Xmas from the pagans.
I talk to him every morning and we never talk about when he was born. We talk about my problems how much I love him and my gratitude for him. I'm glad he came by and passed through. I'm glad he came back three days later for me. I'm glad as kid when I was down on my luck my grandma Crilley introduced me to him. God is great and he watches over me even though I might not always deserve it. I'm blessed.

Merry Christmas.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I already have 22 hours of OT this week--10 from working on Sunday, plus 14 hour days on Monday and Tuesday. We will all work 12+hours on Thursday and Friday just to clean up all of our missed packages. Fine by me...I'm going to keep milking that big brown money teat until nothing comes out but air.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

There is a backlog in much of the country, right? Won't we get hit with some of that Thursday? I remember being told, "Feeders is a 24/7/365 operation." Something was moving, even on Christmas; those drivers just get "Christmas" another day, right? In any case, we were warned that Friday and the beginning of next week will be hard.

some1else

Banned
Why even worry about how heavy it is. If our dispatch looks like we will be in under 10-11 hours its route cutting time so what difference does it make? Been like that for 2-3 years now

worldwide

I hope not. I sure do love the chaos.

From UPS.com:

Peak-season service guarantees: UPS air and international shipments picked up or delivered within the United States are guaranteed throughout the holiday season unless otherwise noted on ups.com. Commitment times for air and international shipments delivered within the United States will be extended by 90 minutes on the following days: Nov. 29, Dec. 18-24, and Dec. 31. The guarantee is suspended for UPS Ground and UPS Standard packages picked up or scheduled for delivery between Dec. 11 and Dec. 24.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Just got off the phone withthe vented and they told me my start time 11:30. When I told my wife she asked "11:30 to 11:30?"

There is a backlog in much of the country, right? Won't we get hit with some of that Thursday? I remember being told, "Feeders is a 24/7/365 operation." Something was moving, even on Christmas; those drivers just get "Christmas" another day, right? In any case, we were warned that Friday and the beginning of next week will be hard.

It's 24/7/365 because our trailers are always moving, usually on the rail. Very few is by drivers.

DorkHead

Most problems UPS had this peak were weather related.
Companies that stay in business do not overbuild capacity for 4 -5 days excess need per year.

Bull:censored2:. Some problems this peak were weather related. Most problems this peak were poor execution of poor planning.

On a different note, being retired, was not this your first Peak not having to work? If so, I hope you and your family had a great Holiday. You`ve earned it.

laffter

The only stuff I saw today was closed businesses from Tuesday and some new air pieces. Most cars were comparatively empty, and most drivers will be working straight hours rather than their guarantee.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The only stuff I saw today was closed businesses from Tuesday and some new air pieces. Most cars were comparatively empty, and most drivers will be working straight hours rather than their guarantee.

How can that be?
This is a NATIONAL problem.
What is wrong with your locations?