All good kids love milk!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Floyd Gondolli, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Floyd Gondolli

Floyd Gondolli New Member

Acronym for the 5 seeing habits is ALL GOOD KIDS LOVE MILK in my district. Does this vary around the country?
  2. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

A Good Kick Leaves Marks
  3. article22

article22 New Member

Same here but in the old days all we needed to know was this. No we r supposed to memorize paragraphs full of bs
  4. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

I prefer chocolate milk to plain
  5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

This bs is really common sense. I find myself applying these principals to my personal driving as well.
  6. There is also another acronym that goes with this that I just heard of a few weeks back. Fine steak sauce before dinner. A new driver said this to me and I never heard it before.
  7. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

That is not bad for remembering the Key Phrases. Find a safe path well ahead,Stay back and see it all, Scan don't stare, Be prepared expect the unexpected, and Don't gamble use your horn lights and signals.

I could see how that acronym would help you remember them.
  8. Packmule

Packmule Well-Known Member

Made up some of my own.
    Key phrases: "The safe path is to stay back and scan the unexpected gamble."
    10 point commentary: "One look counts a a maintained check." plus "Scan stale maintenence logs before pulling the established ones."
    5 keys to avoid slips and falls: "Walk extablished conveyors, look for needed adjustments."
  9. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Five keys to preventing slips and falls. You get married the wife puts on pounds this is actually how a sup told me to remember it WED LB!!!!!
  10. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

im so glad your on this site your my hero
  11. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Given enough time and crackers, I could probably train a parakeet to recite the 10-point commentary. That would not make the parakeet a safe driver...but it would help the parakeets boss pass an audit.

I think the frustration is not that the information itself is wrong....its the fact that, at UPS, safety begins and ends with the ability to recite acronyms.
  12. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

in past post,s upstate say,s he likes crackers
  13. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

5 seeing habits????
    I thought there were 4?
    At least I have the 8 point commentary down pat.
  14. Leftinbuilding

Leftinbuilding Active Member

R esisting
    E very
    T emptation
    I nvolving
    R eciting
    E ndless
    D emands
  15. Re-Raise

Thanks for giving me another quote to pass off as my own at work Sober.
  16. Re-Raise

Our kids only Like milk around here. We don't go throwing the word love around that easily.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  17. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I am lactose intolerant.
  18. Backlasher

Backlasher Stronger, Faster, Browner

Do you guys know the new one, at least in my area?

19. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

When my boss asks about "Get the big picture and what's it do for you", I tell him I think of his wife.....How wide, how deep, what's in it. He chuckles and says whatever it takes for me to remember it, as long as I remember it.
  20. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Nice commas.