ALL ROUTES GO UP FOR BID AS LONG AS IT GOES OUT MORE THAN 4 DAYS/WK

KALO99

We have a bulk truck that goes out everyday they use it to punish people with. It's a tough bulk truck but I checked with union and labor and they have to bid it out because it goes out everyday.Now they cannot use it as a punishing truck they have too bid it out and make it a route.

Overpaid Union Thug

We have a bulk truck that goes out everyday they use it to punish people with. It's a tough bulk truck but I checked with union and labor and they have to bid it out because it goes out everyday.Now they cannot use it as a punishing truck they have too bid it out and make it a route.

Here they are bidding routes that aren't even in every week. I figured there would be a stipulation of maybe at least three days per week but that is not the case. I am in the Southern also. Higher seniority unassigned drivers are saying they will bid a route (that already existed and exists every day of the week) this time around to avoid being forced to run routes they haven't had to run in ages due to their seniority. That could happen if they stayed unassigned and lesser seniority drivers bid a route.

BrownTexas

Here they are bidding routes that aren't even in every week. I figured there would be a stipulation of maybe at least three days per week but that is not the case. I am in the Southern also. Higher seniority unassigned drivers are saying they will bid a route (that already existed and exists every day of the week) this time around to avoid being forced to run routes they haven't had to run in ages due to their seniority. That could happen if they stayed unassigned and lesser seniority drivers bid a route.
If they do bid every route, including the routes they cut on Mondays and Fridays, it will hurt those that want to be on the 9.5 list.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
All they have to do is change the number or letter of that route a couple days of the week to hide it. They've been playing that game for years dude.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
All they have to do is change the number or letter of that route a couple days of the week to hide it. They've been playing that game for years dude.
I've been researching this exact thing and I think that if they send the route out and change the number or letter to hide it, as long as the delivery area is for the most part the same for those 30 days, I think you can grieve it to make it a route.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I've been researching this exact thing and I think that if they send the route out and change the number or letter to hide it, as long as the delivery area is for the most part the same for those 30 days, I think you can grieve it to make it a route.
Yeah but their smart enough not to do that. They will change it up in some lil bit of way usually to hide it. Them bitches aint that dumb lol.

box_beeyotch

Yeah but their smart enough not to do that. They will change it up in some lil bit of way usually to hide it. Them bitches aint that dumb lol.

They do this all the time in my building. Last week a normal 200 loop route had a section of business added to it and they changed it to a 1600 loop route. Ridiculous.

Fisher

I'm a current unassigned driver that's thinking the same thing. With all routes being bid even training routes if no one is on vacation and routes are cut back It looks like I might have to run something I haven't in years or ever. Currently under those situations I would just take the best unbid route since I'm the highest seniority unbid.

Johney

I bet what they are trying to avoid is the last minute switch a roonies the swing drivers do everyday. Joe your covering 1A today,No I'm bumping Steve off 1B,well Steve sucks on 1A,so I got more seniority than Steve. This goes on daily in our center and is a PITA for management.If everyone is bid, this maybe a way to end that. You can only bump if your run is cut and if I'm right you are limited to who you can bump. Staffing in the a.m. should be easier pending call-outs.

box_beeyotch

I bet what they are trying to avoid is the last minute switch a roonies the swing drivers do everyday. Joe your covering 1A today,No I'm bumping Steve off 1B,well Steve sucks on 1A,so I got more seniority than Steve. This goes on daily in our center and is a PITA for management.If everyone is bid, this maybe a way to end that. You can only bump if your run is cut and if I'm right you are limited to who you can bump. Staffing in the a.m. should be easier pending call-outs.

I didn't think you were allowed to bump someone off a route if you already were scheduled for a route that day.

BrownTexas

I agree. Makes sense. If your route is in you run it. If its not then feel free to cover a route.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Just found out today i got bumped off my route of 5 years, yup bummer, BACK TO TOP COVER DRIVER lmfao. Is what it is i guess, schiznitt happens ya know. Not a damm thing worth bidding on really to be honest. Top cover aint so bad, get to pick and choose what i want to run and get some days off here and there. Funny how some of these idiots think the grass is greener on the other side and then when they take it, they totally dont like it lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Very good Johnny, right on point bro WINNER WINNER