all those who believe science can solve everything......

tourists24

Who knows? Even if I had the time to investigate every claim, I don't really care. If someone has a personal experience that they believe that's their thing, not mine. Eben Alexander on the other hand is pretty clearly trying to make a buck by preying on the gullible.

Im not really sure about that though.... He is pretty straight forward about his information.... Maybe the gullible fall into his story....

Most of the conversation on this thread revolves around christianity and the whole "God/god" thing, but Im not sure the good doctor has been converted to Christ. I think the mention of Heaven has some believing this is what has occurred. Im not believing that.... My whole point on this thread has more to do with the things that cant and in my opinion will never be able to be explained by man. I am however always intrigued with these stories

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Im not really sure about that though.... He is pretty straight forward about his information.... Maybe the gullible fall into his story....

Most of the conversation on this thread revolves around christianity and the whole "God/god" thing, but Im not sure the good doctor has been converted to Christ. I think the mention of Heaven has some believing this is what has occurred. Im not believing that.... My whole point on this thread has more to do with the things that cant and in my opinion will never be able to be explained by man. I am however always intrigued with these stories
He's pretty clearly going the scientology route where wealthy/famous people can "buy in" at a higher level. I mean sure you can say he's being straightforward about it but that doesn't change what he's doing. As far as things that will "never be explained", never say never.

tourists24

He's pretty clearly going the scientology route where wealthy/famous people can "buy in" at a higher level. I mean sure you can say he's being straightforward about it but that doesn't change what he's doing. As far as things that will "never be explained", never say never.
Its good to see you have "faith" Jones that science may be able to do that..... :) I do agree with you though that the doctor definitely has no problem making money off his "event"

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Its good to see you have "faith" Jones that science may be able to do that..... :) I do agree with you though that the doctor definitely has no problem making money off his "event"
Just stop with the "faith" stuff, that's not a valid analogy and you know it :wink2:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
And that's fine too. I'm a sceptic of some things also. I was just sharing a personal experience.
Just to be clear I was talking about Alexander, not you. Your experiences and what they mean to you are your own and I respect that.

But if I ever hear about you writing a book and starting your own religion and shilling for money, I'm gonna call BS...

bbsam

Staff member
Just to be clear I was talking about Alexander, not you. Your experiences and what they mean to you are your own and I respect that.

But if I ever hear about you writing a book and starting your own religion and shilling for money, I'm gonna call BS...

That's actually a pretty good test. Bill Wilson, co founder of AA had grand visions of great wealth that hundreds of millions of alcoholics and drug addicts can be grateful never came to fruition. And whom do we have to thank for that? Nelson D Rockefeller who was impressed with the movement but knew they should pay their own way with members making free will contributions.