Alleged Tier 3 Pedestrian Accident in New York

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We were told this morning about an "alleged" Tier 3 accident involving a pedestrain on a bicycle. It was an 8 yr old girl who was riding bikes with a slighly older girl (10?). Our guy say the pair and took appropriate action; however, the girl went home and told her mother that the UPS driver hit her, which then prompted all sorts of chaos, including calls to the State Police. The girl was not injured and there was no damage to the bike. This poor guy is being hung out to dry (for the moment) based on the word of an 8 yr old girl.

I do hope our guy is vindicated and that he seeks legal advice for a possible defamation of character lawsuit and the mother gets charged with filing a false report.

S

splozi

Not being able to mentally correct the word 'say' with 'saw' when you read that sentence is just as bad as making the typo.

So, a UPS truck hit an eight year old girl and there's no damage to the bike and not a scratch on her. Seems legit.
Last night an elderly woman accused me of killing her.

bbsam

Staff member
Why do you think the girl lied? Is it possible the driver didn't report it? Maybe he should be hung out to dry.

clarnzz

For his sake I hope it's not true, what's the other girl say happened? I'd hope the police can procure an accurate account of what took place from a 10 and 8 year old girl. Glad noone is hurt and I hope the driver is being completely honest, I know we resist it, but I would offer taking a lie detector test immediatly if I was falsely accused of such a serious offense.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why do you think the girl lied? Is it possible the driver didn't report it? Maybe he should be hung out to dry.

Doesn't it seem strange that there was no damage to the bike, the girl was not injured and that she rode her bike home after being "hit"?

I just tried Googling to see if there were any news stories on this but did not find any.

over9five

Staff member
Doesn't it seem strange that there was no damage to the bike, the girl was not injured and that she rode her bike home after being "hit"?

I just tried Googling to see if there were any news stories on this but did not find any.
According to your first post, She told Mommy "the driver hit her".
Not the package car. Maybe this freak driver slapped her or something.

bbsam

Staff member

I agree that it sounds strange. But to me it sounds strange that the girls would concoct such a story and the "appropriate action" bit seems odd as well.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree that it sounds strange. But to me it sounds strange that the girls would concoct such a story and the "appropriate action" bit seems odd as well.

Those were my words---when I typed it I was on the end of my meal break and was rushing. What I meant was he saw the girls riding their bikes on the side of the road and moved to the left to make sure they had plenty of room.

Over, we are in the same district now so the same report that it is on my bulletin board will be on yours. It actually says "Alleged" on the report.