Allentown PA

Nicole

Hey guys new user here. I currently work in a small warehouse and was wondering if anyone has any insight into the Allentown Pa hub. Would like to apply and finish school but was curious as to the outlook of the work enviroment and so. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Nicole

They don't we use fedex its a small online bookstore. I have heard good things about UPS and was referred here so I was just curious.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Hey guys new user here. I currently work in a small warehouse and was wondering if anyone has any insight into the Allentown Pa hub. Would like to apply and finish school but was curious as to the outlook of the work enviroment and so. Any info is greatly appreciated.
UPS isn't really ideal if short-term employment is your intention. It's seniority based so when you start, work will be slow and you likely won't get much of it for at least a few weeks, or even months to a year or more depending on the size of the center. It's one of those places where the longer you're there, the better it gets and you can easily make a full-blown career out of it. But you have to be willing to put in the time.

However, (and I can't believe I'm saying this) perhaps you could consider looking into a part time supervisor position if a school job is all you're looking for. They typically work every day and the job is more relevant to most college degree jobs. You would just have to ask them what the likelihood of them having an opening for such a position would be though.

UPS4Life

Allentown is a smaller hub that has plenty of room to grow. Don't know as far as the work force there goes or what the wait is but it wouldn't hurt to take a tour.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Nicole

Awesome thanks so much I have driven by it and doesn't look huge but I hear the economy has a pretty good outlook. Thanks.

Thebrownstreak

I'm a former driver in the Wilkes Barre area...I don't know particulars about that building, but the growth of the Lehigh valley in the past 5 years has been staggering. I believe it is the fastest growing part of the state. As I said I don't know the particulars of the building, but I can the assumption that with all that growth, UPS is probably looking for workers all the time.

I disagree with what some of the others have said about to go management or not. Working preload as simply an hourly employee I feel is the better route to take. Part time supervisors in my eyes don't make nearly enough money to compensate them for being :censored2: upon from both directions (hourly's will hate you, and full time management will pressure you to squeeze blood from a rock)

Nicole

Thank I appreciate the insight. I do not think I would ever go managment I think I would simply finish scholl approximately 2 years and then see what I would like to do. Thanks again.