almost 8 hours later and I'm still laughing

twoeddies1

Good evening fellow UPSERS so today my first stop after lunch I take an air conditioner to a 5th floor (elevator was working or it would've been NI1). I ring the bell and knock on the door and announce UPS! A guy comes to the door who didn't speak a word of English and looked like he was about run to the nearest window when he saw me at his door in uniform. After trying to get him to sign the board for a few secs (it's a city owned housing project we can't release anything) another man comes to the door and signs. I tell him "have a good day" and start to walk away. As I reach the elevator he starts screaming "hey come back..aren't you going to install it?" I just started laughing loudly and got on the elevator

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I've been asked to install computers and satellite dishes, build furniture, set up gas grills, install mufflers, activate cellphones, mount tires, erect gazebos, trim bikini lines and cultivate farmland.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I've been asked to install computers and satellite dishes, build furniture, set up gas grills, install mufflers, activate cellphones, mount tires, erect gazebos, trim bikini lines and cultivate farmland.
I asked mine to install my stripper pole......Is there nothing the ups man can't do? lol

oldngray

nowhere special
I asked mine to install my stripper pole......Is there nothing the ups man can't do? lol
th.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If elevators not working it's NI1?

Times have changed.

Yes, times have changed. I had a misload for a stop on an area an hour away from the center. Sent it in through the DIAD and received an ODS directing me to sheet the stop as closed as they are not open on Thursdays. I worked as directed but did ask the driver for that area about the stop (we both got in at the same time) and he said that they were open all day.

As for the air conditioner, yes, it would have sucked, but I would have schlepped it up the 5 flights of stairs as that is part of our job. I don't recall seeing an "elevator not working" option on our non-delivery screen.

Yes, times have changed. I had a misload for a stop on an area an hour away from the center. Sent it in through the DIAD and received an ODS directing me to sheet the stop as closed as they are not open on Thursdays. I worked as directed but did ask the driver for that area about the stop (we both got in at the same time) and he said that they were open all day.

As for the air conditioner, yes, it would have sucked, but I would have schlepped it up the 5 flights of stairs as that is part of our job. I don't recall seeing an "elevator not working" option on our non-delivery screen.

I'd swing routes with complexes in questionable areas. If I NI1 every pkg because of a bad elevator I'd never get rid of them AND have to go back.
Better to do the job and get rid of it on day one.

Some of these guys should be thankful some of us older drivers never went into management.

BrownTexas

In my first year I delivered a big 60" flat screen to an elderly lady. She asked if I was going to hook it up. After telling her no 10 times she had me convinced that I was about to hook up this tv for her. Thank god her husband came out and let me go.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?

Being told to sheet up mis-loads as closed, even though they are open has been going on for awhile. I always refuse and sheet them as missed.

Nothing they can do, if they try to give you a warning letter for not working as directed would they really want to have that grieved, and admit they told you to falsify records?