Almost Arrested Until I Told The Police Who I Work For!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by anonymous6, Aug 31, 2012.

1. anonymous6

anonymous6 Guest

Today I was almost arrested for trespass on school property during school hrs. I was just cutting thru parking lot to get to the pool in the back. I have been going to this pool for years and usually drive to the pool but today I walked.

3 cops came and told me to turn to the wall and frisked me and started asking a lot of questions. The sgt told me that going thru the parking lot was trespass and it looked like I was gonna be arrested until i told them i was on vacation and didn't know i was doing anything wrong. The sgt asked me who i worked for and when i told him his eyebrows immediately lifted and they all 3 seemed to relax.

after a couple more questions( about my job ) the sgt told me i was free to go and told me not to cut thru the student parking lot and go by the road. this happened about 3 hrs ago and i am still breathing a sigh of relief.

it made me wonder if anyone here has ever had experiences with the cops that turned out OK after they found out you worked for UPS ???

2. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I think they thought you were your twin brother. You know the one who subs for you under you want some time off.

3. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

If I was the cop I would have arrested you....who cares if you work for UPS..lol

4. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Why didn't you drive? Did UPS tow your car away?

5. klolx

klolx New Member

I'd arrest you regardless

6. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

If their is one thing ups should have taught you. Methods/rules follow them. It's to reduce your chances of getting hurt or in trouble.

7. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

Public school? Not trespassing, frowned upon cause they don't want scum hanging around kids. Arrest? It wouldn't hold up
    probably wouldn't have happened. They might have bothered you for awhile, until you said something like "I need to call my lawyer."

Now the "touchy" question. Were they profiling you?

8. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Wanna know why cops stopped you?
    [video=youtube;tu1tXKebG_M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1tXKebG_M&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

9. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Hell no I even got a ticket once in the ups truck.

10. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Pulled over a couple of times on 81, not doing the appropriate speed, and got off because I worked at UPS.

11. ymelord

ymelord Active Member

Watch the video the teacher or what ever she is disappears right before our eyes.

12. anonymous6

anonymous6 Guest

it's gotten me out of some traffic tickets too when they pulled me over for weaving after a 14 hr snow night in feeder.

13. anonymous6

anonymous6 Guest

they said it is a ' closed campus". actually it made me feel a little good that they are so concerned about strangers on campus. all my children have already graduated but I have a couple grandchildren that will be going there in 4=5 years.

14. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

What other reasons do you get off?? :wink2:

15. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

:winks:

16. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Because she's a good person.

17. JDoe123

JDoe123 ad astra per aspera

Well I'd be suspicious of you as well if you look anything like your avatar.  I see a guy who looks like sasquatch.

18. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Not all agree. But, I suppose, those people don't matter.

19. TearsInRain

TearsInRain part-time bossman

i was pulled over within sight of the building doing a ridiculous speed on the way to preload once

shoulda gone to jail; cop let me go because of UPS

it was really stupid, and a wakeup call, i don't go over the speed limit, ever, anymore

20. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Uhhmmm, well, I was happy to get out of the ticket. :bigsmile2: