Almost Arrested Until I Told The Police Who I Work For!

I've used the uniform to get out of speeding tickets, nothing crazy. I've also used it to get into places that I normally couldn't. Carrying an empty NDA envelope helps.

rod

Retired 22 years
Ha ha-- I can't believe that old "I work for UPS" line still works. I used it myself a few times years ago---back when I used to be in a hurry.

A

anonymous6

Well I'd be suspicious of you as well if you look anything like your avatar. I see a guy who looks like sasquatch.

you're right. they had an attitude based on my looks. when i'm on vaca I let it all hang out so I can feel human again.

A

anonymous6

I've used the uniform to get out of speeding tickets, nothing crazy. I've also used it to get into places that I normally couldn't. Carrying an empty NDA envelope helps.

I got through a road closure once due to a snowstorm when I told Cal Trans I had an important package to deliver. ( me to my wife )

Fly_Guy

Yeah, I have been stopped 3 times headed to work (pre-load, so not in uniform). 1 for running a light, one for a plate light out and one for going 47 in a 25. Let go without any problem all 3 times. Of course I specifically mentioned that I was headed to work at UPS. lol. On the speeding one I was asked if I was a driver or not. I said "No, but I hope to be real soon." Said it in a "whistful" voice. :)

bluehdmc

Got stopped once for going thru a red light. Was going home in uniform. I explained the "decision point" to the cop. He said, "I can't give a ticket to a UPS driver, I won't get any of my packages."

I didn't tell him I was a feeder driver, just thanked him and went home.

A

anonymous6

Got stopped once for going thru a red light. Was going home in uniform. I explained the "decision point" to the cop. He said, "I can't give a ticket to a UPS driver, I won't get any of my packages."

I didn't tell him I was a feeder driver, just thanked him and went home.

it kinda blows that quota and revenue agent claim out of the water, doesn't it?

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
got out of a few tickets showing my ups ID. best one was while we were on strike back in 97, got pulled over with my 7 yr old son in the back for a seriously cracked windshield. cop took my info and went back to his car to right me up. my son gets nervous and feels like hes gonna puke so i take him out of the car and at that point the cop sees im wearing a teamster on strike t-shirt and actually gets out of his car and trots back to me apologizing. shakes my hand, tells me good luck and to fix the windshield when i get back to work!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Got pulled over on snowy,, Christmas eve by a State cop !
Said why pull me over doing 20 in a res neighborhood ?,I'm the slowest guy out here !
said to me ,looking for a 2nd day air for.. I stopped him and told him his address, I laughed and said I've been to your house a lot ,,gave him wife's present and gave me a free pass to call on him if I ever needed a favor !!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Today I was almost arrested for trespass on school property during school hrs. I was just cutting thru parking lot to get to the pool in the back. I have been going to this pool for years and usually drive to the pool but today I walked.

3 cops came and told me to turn to the wall and frisked me and started asking a lot of questions. The sgt told me that going thru the parking lot was trespass and it looked like I was gonna be arrested until i told them i was on vacation and didn't know i was doing anything wrong. The sgt asked me who i worked for and when i told him his eyebrows immediately lifted and they all 3 seemed to relax.

after a couple more questions( about my job ) the sgt told me i was free to go and told me not to cut thru the student parking lot and go by the road. this happened about 3 hrs ago and i am still breathing a sigh of relief.

it made me wonder if anyone here has ever had experiences with the cops that turned out OK after they found out you worked for UPS ???
It can't be criminal trespass unless the have informed you your prescense isn't wanted there. Ex sign verbally. It's amazing how little the police know about the law. It's why sooooo much stuff gets thrown out of court.

over9five

Staff member
It can't be criminal trespass unless the have informed you your prescense isn't wanted there. Ex sign verbally. It's amazing how little the police know about the law. It's why sooooo much stuff gets thrown out of court.
Think he's still reading this thread a year and a half later? :teethy:

slingblade

The sgt asked me who i worked for and when i told him his eyebrows immediately lifted and they all 3 seemed to relax.

after a couple more questions( about my job ) the sgt told me i was free to go and told me not to cut thru the student parking lot and go by the road. this happened about 3 hrs ago and i am still breathing a sigh of relief.

it made me wonder if anyone here has ever had experiences with the cops that turned out OK after they found out you worked for UPS ???

good thing the Sgts wife aint doing the ups man or you would be doing hard time...:)

Ouch

I've gotten out of a couple speeding tickets by telling the officer who i work for. I guess being a ups driver still stands for integrity and being a decent human.

upschuck

I've gotten out of a couple speeding tickets by telling the officer who i work for. I guess being a ups driver still stands for integrity and being a decent human.
Or maybe it is one union brother helping out another. Remember back in 97 when a PD(don't remember where) put out that they were going to ticket any UPS vehicle that made the slightest infraction, and then later recanted that statement when the chief had a meeting with them.