Almost have a Fedex Express Job.

baloch

This is for Courier Position.

Applied on the 25th of September.
Did a phone interview on Oct 18th.
Did a online written driving test on Oct. 18th.
Did a one on one interview on Oct. 19th
Have to do a Driving Test on Tommorrow on Oct. 24.
Then a Interview with the Manager of the location I would be working at The day after if I pass the driving.

Long Process but seeing how they need someone fast, They are going through this process extremely urgently.

The driving test is as follows and wondering if any one as experience doing this.

Pay is starting $17/hr. Part-Time 5 Hours per day Mon-Fri.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I'm an Eggspress CRR.
I've never heard of such a process or, this simulator.
I'm guessing you are applying for a Ground / Home driving job?

If so, that starting pay isn't bad but, are you still gonna be on board after Dec. 24th?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm an Eggspress CRR.
I've never heard of such a process or, this simulator.
I'm guessing you are applying for a Ground / Home driving job?

If so, that starting pay isn't bad but, are you still gonna be on board after Dec. 24th?

Looks like Express (logo, pay. and PT hours), and it looks like Drivewise is an extremely lame way to pick anyone off the street, plop them in a truck, and set them loose on the public. Just another way to save money and dumb-down the job so "anyone" can do it. Effing pathetic, and a perfect example of where Express is heading.

"This is the steering wheel". "This is the seat". "This is where you place your ass when you operate the vehicle". DUMB.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This is for Courier Position.

Applied on the 25th of September.
Did a phone interview on Oct 18th.
Did a online written driving test on Oct. 18th.
Did a one on one interview on Oct. 19th
Have to do a Driving Test on Tommorrow on Oct. 24.
Then a Interview with the Manager of the location I would be working at The day after if I pass the driving.

Long Process but seeing how they need someone fast, They are going through this process extremely urgently.

The driving test is as follows and wondering if any one as experience doing this.

FedEx Video: Candidates | DriveWise

Pay is starting $17/hr. Part-Time 5 Hours per day Mon-Fri.

Looks pretty easy, and much simpler than the SMITH system we were taught. They need people fast because so many other people are quitting just as soon as they find out what the job really involves. This is probably why they aren't investing very much in your training. What a cheap, miserable company.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Wow! New hires off the street making more than some that have been here for years. Nice.

You have a "bad attitude". OLCC yourself for not being part of the team. Think Drivewise will properly train someone to be a professional driver? Some engineer thinks it will, and his spreadsheet says it's cheaper to outsource that training to a bunch of walking :censored2:s than to do it right. Fred likes the cheaper part, and he's willing to kill a few couriers and the general public to get his 10% profit.

HomeDelivery

didn't they re-word the same things by using Survey Adjust friendorecast Execute, just to get out of paying for the Smith System? or they stop mentioning this stuff as well?

they stop training temps altogether over here since last year... only scanner & DR orientation then off they go paired with some returning vet-temps to further expose them to the new scanners

Nolimitz

what happened to all the background checks, 2 day defencive driving school and 2 wk courier classes?? I still dont make $17 hr

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
what happened to all the background checks, 2 day defencive driving school and 2 wk courier classes?? I still dont make $17 hr

As Fredly noted, this is probably a Canadian courier position. I should have figured it out from the $17 per hour starting pay, but I thought that maybe the OP was in some major market. The starting pay domestically varies widely, but something in the $14-$15 range sounds more like the norm for the US. As R1a said, it looks like they are moving toward a model where they can pluck anyone offf the street and more or less instantly make them a courier. They will soon discover otherwise.

baloch

Nope guys it is a Canadian position as some of you guessed.

The driving simulator is not for training but just to see how you are able to react to certain situations before they hire you and train you and they said I will be shadowing drivers on the 3rd week of training and going with them on their route.

Just did the driving simulator test today and they gave 7 senerios.
1st is how you react to cars cutting you off, people walking, cars coming from nowwhere.
2nd, how you drive during rain and snow and hail.
3rd, how do handle traffic signals especially orange or yellow signals as your not supposed to brake hard or your packages get thrown all over the truck.
4th, how do you react to police cars or ambulances.
5th, it was a simple high way test, on ramp (cars not letting you through) and off ramp (cars cutting you off)
6th, this was a bit hard, Reverse park between 2 trucks and Reverse park into a garage.
7th, reacting to cars merging on local road and reacting to school bus letting off kids on the other side of the road.

They said it will take 3-6 days for Fedex to get results and to call me if I did better than the rest for the final interview with the manager.

Fingers Crossed.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If you're in Canada get everyone together and join the union. That is unless Smith has paid off the Canadian Prime Minister as well.

overflowed

If you're in Canada get everyone together and join the union. That is unless Smith has paid off the Canadian Prime Minister as well.

Hey everyone.Lurker for too long, I no longer care. Cactus I think Express Canada is union already. Shouldn't we be as well. It shows you it can be done. I watched this site for quite a while. Time too chime in. getting quite tired of all this . It can be better. Lots of Expressers troll this site cause its the only reliable rumor? Haha........

baloch

well some useful things I found.

Toronto, February 15, 2010 – Thanks to the relentless efforts of its organizers, the Teamsters Union announces that it now represents FedEx’s administrative workers in Mississauga, Ontario.

“This is a historical event for FedEx workers and the entire labour movement,” claims Robert Bouvier, president of Teamsters Canada. “This company is well known for its anti-union attitude, but this development demonstrates beyond all doubt that these workers had had enough of their employer’s arbitrary decisions.”

Interestingly, though, the Teamsters' in the U.S. are backed by FedEx's main competitor, UPS, whose workforce is represented by the same union, nationwide.

Because 80 percent of FedEx's business is airfreight, the company, including its Ground division, operates under the Railway Labor Act (RLA), which requires a majority of votes from all a company’s employees in order for that firm to be unionized.

sources:
Teamsters look north to expand FedEx union drive | Fleet Ops | Today's Trucking
FedEx workers join the Teamsters Union! - News - Teamsters Canada online

baloch

I do not know if Fedex couriers in Canada are Unionized or not as I doubt it as Fedex only pays $17/hr while CanadaPost Starting is $22/hr for couriers.

overflowed

I do not know if Fedex couriers in Canada are Unionized or not as I doubt it as Fedex only pays $17/hr while CanadaPost Starting is $22/hr for couriers.

Not sure but i thought I saw something on tv about canada express division being union. Not positive though. Someone correct me if wrong.