Almost helper time.. best and worst. You had

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_1710.JPG
Na, i just hate b itch. As s people

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My best helper worked with me for three years straight. He was on the Morehouse College Track Team, he lived on my area and was always waiting at the end of his driveway when I got there. Big tall kid that is a vegetarian and wouldn't eat or ask to use a restroom all day. He was a machine, we would do 30-35 stops an hour instead of the 18 I usually do by myself. I always tipped him a hundred dollar bill on Christmas Eve. I finally got him a job on the Preload, he didn't work as a Helper last Peak and I miss him greatly.

The worst ones are the one that don't show up on time and just don't answer their phones. I had a lot of them that didn't have any transportation, They had to find somebody to bring them and I would just throw them out a store on my way back in. I get the first pick of Helpers every year since I basically do residential. I will look at the roster to see where they live and I also check their waist size on their uniform order.

I also get the pleasure of dealing with a golf cart helper. The one I had last year used to work for Fedex and wouldn't deliver in the rain. He would sit in his truck and wait for it to stop the few days it rained. I usually go through six to twelve different helpers every year.

Dr.Brownz

Worst one was an old man who wanted to talk with every customer he came across, and would refuse to DR packages if he thought the people were home.

Best were the guys who believed they were going to get a FT driver position because they were helpers....I always told them the truth, but they never seemed discouraged. For the record none of them are drivers or even work at UPS.

rod

Retired 22 years
Worst one was the son of a fellow driver. His dad had warned me his kid didn't have much get up and go. Best one was a kid from a poor family who really wanted a job. Most of them lost all ambition when they got their first pay check and saw that the Union had taken a big chunk of it. That always pissed me off.