Almost out of days

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by nystripe96, Feb 9, 2015.

1. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

If I run out of sick/optional days & still need to take a day off can any disciplinary action be taken against me? I only have 1 sick day remaining prior to my days resetting May 1st

2. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

Regardless of how you may feel sometimes you are not an indentured slave to the company.

If you have 1 unexcused call off they can't do anything about it

3. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

We don't have any sick days but guys still take time off for illness.

4. You can take unpaid days

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

I just want to stay off the radar. All the senior drivers tell me to use all my days otherwise I get taxed heavier by working them. As long as I can't get disciplined for going over my alotted amount I'll def feel better about the situation

6. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

if you're sick . you're sick. at my hub they can request a drs note if its 3 days in a row which has been discussed here since the beginning of time.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. You're not really going to show up on the radar unless you start taking a ton of days. You're not going to get disciplined for taking unpaid days. They aren't going to like it a lot. But it's better to have someone at home than puking everywhere.

Not to mention we don't really keep track of your days. Yes we can pull it up in timecards, which does track it. But if you're taking a sick day tomorrow and then another unpaid in April, we aren't going to pay much attention to it. Heck we may not even remember it. It may get coded as a sick day. But payroll will see it and not pay you for it since you used them all up.

8. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Call out early and often.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

Ok thanks good to know

10. olroadbeech

you are taxed at a heavy rate when you cash them in for some reason. I have 45 days in my sick bank which is the maximum. they told me if I go over the max, the automatically cash them out on july 1st.

so I take them about 1 or 2 a month. its fun to tell them im not sick . just need to use them so they don't cash them out on me. even if they beg I say no. " it's your party game guys" ( laughing )

11. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

1 hours notice that's all they need.

12. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

Really you get comp days. We never had that option up here. Too bad

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. oldupsman

oldupsman Well-Known Member

Wow. We were never allowed to bank more than 9 sick days.

14. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Want to buy some of mine? I still have 4 option days and 3 sick days before the May 1 reset. I'll sell them for $500/each

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Taking them in cash or waiting for March Madness?

16. olroadbeech

our mechanics are in a different union and are allowed 60. we tried to get up to 60 in last contract but was not able.is 9 days for part time ?

17. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We can't carry over any personal time to the following year.

18. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Well-Known Member

Same here.

19. box_beeyotch

box_beeyotch Well-Known Member

Even sick days?

20. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

If you're out for an extended period of time I got 4 words for you, Ehf Eim Ele Aey