Discussion in 'Current Events' started by moreluck, May 6, 2012.

1. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

It's an AP story...........................major newswire, but it was on skip it if you don't like it!! :mad:

SANAA, Yemen (AP) — An airstrike Sunday killed a top al-Qaida leader on the FBI’s most wanted list for his role in the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole warship, Yemeni officials said. The airstrike resembled earlier U.S. drone attacks, but the U.S. did not immediately confirm it.

Fahd al-Quso was hit by a missile as he stepped out of his vehicle, along with another al-Qaida operative in the southern Shabwa province, Yemeni military officials said. They were speaking on condition of anonymity in accordance with military regulations.

The airstrike came as the U.S. and Yemen cooperate in a battle against al-Qaida in southern Yemen.
    Al-Quso, 37, was on the FBI’s most wanted list, with a $5 million reward for information leading to his capture. He was indicted in the U.S. for his role in the 2000 bombing in the USS Cole in Aden, Yemen, in which 17 American sailors were killed and 39 injured.

He served more than five years in a Yemeni prison for his role in the attack and was released in 2007. He briefly escaped prison in 2003 but later turned himself in to serve the rest of his sentence.
    A telephone text message claiming to be from al-Qaida media arm confirmed al-Quso was killed in the strike.
  2. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Darn that Obama and his drone war! Who does he think he is?
  3. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Warmonger. 100 times worse than Bush.
  4. Jones

He's like some kind of soulless deathbot! I can't imagine what he's going to do to poor Mitt!
  5. Jones

6. moreluck

What could possibly go wrong?
    Secret U.S. program releases high-level insurgents in exchange for pledges of peace — WaPo
    The United States has for several years been secretly releasing high-level detainees from a military prison in Afghanistan as part of negotiations with insurgent groups, a bold effort to quell violence but one that U.S. officials acknowledge poses substantial risks.

As the United States has unsuccessfully pursued a peace deal with the Taliban, the “strategic release” program has quietly served as a live diplomatic channel, allowing American officials to use prisoners as bargaining chips in restive provinces where military power has reached its limits.

But the releases are an inherent gamble: The freed detainees are often notorious fighters who would not be released under the traditional legal system for military prisoners in Afghanistan. They must promise to give up violence — and U.S. officials warn them that if they are caught attacking American troops, they will be detained once again.

There are no absolute guarantees, however, and officials would not say whether those who have been released under the program have later returned to attack U.S. and Afghan forces once again.

“Everyone agrees they are guilty of what they have done and should remain in detention. Everyone agrees that these are bad guys. But the benefits outweigh the risks,” said one U.S. official who, like others, discussed the issue on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the program.
  7. The Other Side

The Other Side Well-Known Troll Troll

Lord knows only the right wing war machine knows how to fight a war on terror.... 3 trillion dollars, 7000 men and womens lives, the destruction of the US Economy, 5 dollar a gallon gasoline vs a 1 million dollar airstrike.

Yup, the GOP has all the answers.

Now all we need is to hear Bill Orielly once again talk about presumption of innocense and due process for terrorists like he did last thursday.

That makes 31 dead terrorists for OBAMA. 31 more than BUSH. Score OBAMA 31 - BUSH 0

8. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

Stop spiking the ball!

And on a side note, since when is war not political? At least since Julius Cesar on it has been as far as I can tell.
  9. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

Another CIA asset in the middle of another terrorist plot. Who'd have thunk it!

But then the CIA has always played the part of the terrorist and helping to create the fictions that drive the fear of the lemmings.
  10. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

So just where are all these terrorists anyway?

The Case of the Missing Terrorists
  11. moreluck

12. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

Interesting picture of a Hamas "terrorist" with a Star of David tat on his chest. But then who helped spawn Hamas?

Why are we too afraid to consider other enemies of the state as also possible creations of the state for political purposes?
  13. moreluck

Wife Of Al-Qaeda Leader Ayman Al-Zawahiri Tells Women, “I Advise You To Raise Your Children In The Cult Of Jihad”…
    At least she admits it’s a “cult.”

SANAA — The wife of Al-Qaeda chief Ayman al-Zawahiri has congratulated Muslim women for the role they have played in the Arab Spring and urged them to raise their children for jihad.

“I congratulate all Muslim women for these blessed revolutions,” Umaima Hassan Ahmed Mohammed Hassan wrote in a letter posted on the Al-Fajr website on Friday.
    “I advise you to raise your children in the cult of jihad and martyrdom and to instil in them a love for religion and death,” she wrote.

In doing so, “each woman would raise her child to be a new Saladin by telling him ‘it is you who will restore the grandeur of the Islamic nation and you will liberate Jerusalem.’”

Saladin was a 12th century Kurdish general who became the first sultan of Egypt and whose forces defeated Crusader armies in a battle that led to the eventual fall of the Christian Kingdom of Jerusalem.
  14. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Living in the 12th century is just so cool today.
    Back before indoor plumbing, where one just dumped their wastes onto the public streets below.
    Oh , how I long for those GOOD OLD DAYS.
  15. moreluck

16. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

Those guys see us as a joke and rightly so. They are laughing their :censored2: off at us. I have to admit when I read it I laughed and we'll never know for now but I bet Obama found it funny too. But Hillary? Oh hell no. That bitch is now out for blood!

Oh this has Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert wrote all over it! LOL!

BTW: IF Somalia, specifically Mogadishu is so dangerous and "anarchic", why does the CIA have operational facilities right in the middle of it? We're told the Rangers and Delta Force dare not go there but CIA lives there? Hmmmmmmm.

Wonder if the camels and chickens were paid for by US foreign aid dollars?
  17. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

Come now my good man, if this man were truly an Jewish Israeli(as I believe that is what you are implying), would he have a TATOO?
  18. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

If there's a will, there's a way around it!

You gotta admire a religion that has the ballz to say ":censored2: THAT :censored2:!"