Already had a 2nd interview at UPS

P

pickup

I was a seasonal driver last year. Interview was basic. They called me back later that day, I did a road test (to show I could drive a POS manual transmission truck with no power steering). Did a DOT physical. Was hired in October, did driving school first part of November, and starting driving beginning of December. Laid off news years eve. Pay for me was $16.10 an hour. OT after 8 hours.

I believe, under the new contract, that the pay for a seasonal package car driver is $18.75/ per hour. I am not contradicting you, man of Brown but just adding the new rate for the interested seasonal driver wanna be.

Upsee

I just passed my road test, and I am curious why a new seasonal driver wouldn't make it past the first week?? Also I was a contractor with fedex ground for 5 years, had seasonal employees under me and I had to pick up their slack all the time. And then on a day off I would work on my POS truck. I realize your gig isn't easy but I plan to impress and get noticed (naive as it may sound) if I kick ass, what are my chances of getting hired? Thanks.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I just passed my road test, and I am curious why a new seasonal driver wouldn't make it past the first week?? Also I was a contractor with fedex ground for 5 years, had seasonal employees under me and I had to pick up their slack all the time. And then on a day off I would work on my POS truck. I realize your gig isn't easy but I plan to impress and get noticed (naive as it may sound) if I kick ass, what are my chances of getting hired? Thanks.
Chances of getting hired on permanently after peak? Very slim...

UPS Is the big league,son.Many have tried,few have succeeded.:1eye:

Upsee

That was my guess too, I ll just get pissed off and take a job as a handler until they hire me.. I always heard how it's impossible to get hired, we shall see.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That was my guess too, I ll just get pissed off and take a job as a handler until they hire me.. I always heard how it's impossible to get hired, we shall see.
images-17.jpeg

Geo926

Just some quick advice I got when I started. Don't deliver late air, never miss a pickup, and run (or come close as possible) scratch. Do those thing without crashing the truck, your chances of getting hired are very good. Also each center is different. Some may have more slots to fill than others. Good luck to you.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Man Of Brown

You could be the best driver in the building but if the 1:6 spot isn't up, it ain't gonna happen. Just ask a sup where they are at and you'll know right away.

Man Of Brown

I believe, under the new contract, that the pay for a seasonal package car driver is $18.75/ per hour. I am not contradicting you, man of Brown but just adding the new rate for the interested seasonal driver wanna be.

So they raised it to the new regular driver rate huh? That's cool for those guys I guess.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Get ready for 200 to 300 stops everyday and especially the HELLEN KELLER loads everyday lol.