Already had a 2nd interview at UPS

Upsee

I ve done between 220 and 240 stops with 70 miles of driving. We used to cheat on DOT rules and go over 12 hours of driving if we need to..

Chung L

I had 2 interviews for the part time package handler in Jacksonville, FL. I never got a number that I could contact HR or the office at all. It's been some time since the second interview and I would like to contact them. I've been searching online and nothing has came up...Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

Blkgiraffe

Yup....I don't even bother learning their names anymore. It's Hey, new guy!
Yep, it's only me and another guy left that started on the 20th. 10 others started with us and were gone by the end of the week.

This one guy who started as a loader with me walked out mid-shift. The horror to walk into that trailer and see all those boxes everywhere and the massive jam. He should have have at least warned someone.

You've Got Mail

Why do so many people quit UPS so quickly? I should be fine since I dealt with much worse in the Navy. 18 hour days were the norm while at sea lol

HR just called and scheduled me for a physical tomorrow morning. Then the next step is school.

McGee

Why do so many people quit UPS so quickly? I should be fine since I dealt with much worse in the Navy. 18 hour days were the norm while at sea lol

HR just called and scheduled me for a physical tomorrow morning. Then the next step is school.

Thank you for your service!

Blkgiraffe

Several reasons. Crappy pay, excessive workload, :censored2:ty management and more.

I've only just started my second week. The work is tough, but doable. I've already bumped heads with a supervisor who was being a complete :censored2: only on my first day. I had no training, was never given a tour of the facility and how no details about the jobs until I was thrown in a trailer only 2 minutes into my first shift and told to get busy.

O

OLDMAN3

Probably because so many have never done more work than cut their parent's grass. They believe that everything will be handed to them, and they will never have to work hard. Ex-Military usually make it at UPS, for obvious reasons. Thank you for your service.

Onestopwillie70

Just started the hiring process for the two months peak season for driver. They told me that my services will no longer be needed after peak unless they open up the flood gates for new hires in 2015. Oh no! The hr person did metion if i do a well enough job that meaning show up on time, deliver ontime , safe no calls offs etc of being hired. I did metion to HR that I i have my CDL A and was really interested in a truck position if one opened up.Ups has the best trucking jobs where i live. I need some advice from other drivers that have worked seasonal and got hired fulltime permanent for any position. Is it worth the effort or not. Thanks folks.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Just started the hiring process for the two months peak season for driver. They told me that my services will no longer be needed after peak unless they open up the flood gates for new hires in 2015. Oh no! The hr person did metion if i do a well enough job that meaning show up on time, deliver ontime , safe no calls offs etc of being hired. I did metion to HR that I i have my CDL A and was really interested in a truck position if one opened up.Ups has the best trucking jobs where i live. I need some advice from other drivers that have worked seasonal and got hired fulltime permanent for any position. Is it worth the effort or not. Thanks folks.
Do you already have a FT job that you're considering quitting to work at ups?

raceanoncr

Just my experience...I said MY experience...and this was over 36 yrs ago. Times have, obviously changed.

Had heavy equipment job. Making great money but working seasonal. Laid off every winter. It was OK. I planned on that. Construction was going downhill here and needed change.

Long story short...Got hired as package driver in Sept '78. Said it would be thru peak season then probably let go. If I did good and they liked me (WOW!) I'd be the first to be called back. I said, OK (since I was used to be laid off for 4-5 months, anyway, it didn't matter). I could always go back to equipment operator in spring. After peak, was laid off 1 day. Called back and lasted 32 years, 30 in feeders, the tractor-trailer dept.

As I said, things are diff now, but REALLY? I don't know. That's just my experience.

oldupsman

Same story as race except it was the fall of 75. Hired 17 drivers for Christmas, kept 2 after the holidays. I was 1 of them.
It really is best man wins. You said yourself it's the best trucking job where you live. And if all you have is a high school education,
well it's best job you could have with that level of education.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
To find feeder jobs go to upsjobs.com
Select search by catagory
Select tractor trailer driver
there are 3 pages of open jobs across the country for feeders

Onestopwillie70

Currently i dont have a full time job now .I really dont want to go otr but if they dont hire me after peak I have to make a move . I dont even think they would give me unemployment because they make you sign a paper saying that you agree to the contract terms. Lol wow ! But I really want a LOCAL truck driving job with UPS. I need to get my endorsement also Im not sure if they Help pay for your endorsement also. If not no bigge I just want a full time job to support my family im 36 i need to put 30 years in a great company. I going to give it a shot and bang it out fot 2 months and hopefully They notice me and offer me a full time position with benefits. Thanks for the info

Pooter

You don't have a FT job willie. It's not the time to be picky.

Take the seasonal gig and work on your endorsements while u sit at home. That way you can put you eggs in more baskets.

There are many local feeders spots available.