Already have DOT card

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by nystripe96, Jul 14, 2013.

1. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

My road test is this week. I already have a CDL and subsequent DOT medical card. Do I need to get a new one through UPS once I pass? or will my background checks and processing be quicker

2. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

You will have to get a new DOT card. Let them worry about it. They'll tell you when and where to go.

3. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

I would guess this too. UPS physical standards are tougher than the DOT requires. (Mostly concerning BP). Any of you getting a 1 year card, like me, probably know the DOT doesn't require this for most drivers. UPS requires it at less BP than the DOT.

​Did that make sense??!

4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Most companies don't do the DOT rectal check in their exams so you will have to be retested.

5. over9five

I always request that if they forget.

6. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

My ex has to get his DOT every year because of his BP. It is required by DOT.

7. Indecisi0n

I have them start and again end with that test just to be sure I'm good.

8. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

If your Dot card is still good your ok you just need to give a copy to UPS so they know when it going to expire and they know you have one. You go to a DOT certified Dr to get your DOT card usually the same one or two that every one that needs a DOT card in your Area working for UPS or not goes so you will be fine. The Police officer that pulls you over doesn't care who you go to as long as you have a card.

9. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Not true here. I've had a DOT card for years and mine was current when I went to work for UPS. They would not accept it. I had to go get a new one. NYstripe, be sure to get a copy of the new one to DOT (card and long form) so they have the current one on file. It is a PITA when you get a letter saying your license will be suspended because your card is expired and you have a good card. BTDT

10. over9five

Oh yeah? Well I tell him to use two fingers, just to be sure he doesn't miss anything.

11. over9five

Make sure you post back what they have you do. New card or not.
    ​Thanks!

12. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Just make sure he takes off his wristwatch.

13. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Why not a fist??

14. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

you are worrying about th wrong thing just hope you can do the job, good luck

15. Indecisi0n

Last time I had the fist test the next morning I found a Rolex in the toilet. Was a win-win of you ask me.

16. you aint even know it

you aint even know it Well-Known Troll Troll

I don't see why the hassle to drive a hideous package car. As long as you have your license, clean driving record, know how to drive a stick, then you're good to go.

17. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Do YOU have/know how to do any of those things, kid? Thought not.

18. jaker

jaker trolling

Ups cares about our BP because most drivers dont have bosses or a bunch of goals that can never be meet put up on them on a daily bases

19. Funfact

It's not UPS it's the DOT... The DOT cares because they son't want you to get into a accident when you have a heart attack and kill someone else.

20. Funfact